rb3 song limit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    hardcoredrummer
    Participant

what’s the song limit for rb3?

3000 for X360 and PS3.

1000 for Wii. (This can be modified with gecko/ocarina cheats for both real wii and Dolphin)

IIRC some of the goal stuff (trainers etc) are counted in that total so it’s more like limit-48 or very close to that number.

hardcoredrummer
      Participant

i’m on xbox 360 and got a usb 3.0 64gig drive going with about 2800 songs and it’s freezing the xbox. i did erase the song cache though. perhaps that needs to be rebuilt and takes a while?

it’s freezing the xbox at boot up. i’m sure it’s the usb but can’t tell if it’s the drive which is brand new or the data on the drive. around 2600 hundred songs it was fine…

I have no idea as I don’t use xbox. All I know is that unless you recieve the 3000 songs popup when launching the game (or rebuilding cache? either way) you are under the limit, and therefore limit isn’t your issue.

i’m on xbox 360 and got a usb 3.0 64gig drive going with about 2800 songs and it’s freezing the xbox. i did erase the song cache though. perhaps that needs to be rebuilt and takes a while?

it’s freezing the xbox at boot up. i’m sure it’s the usb but can’t tell if it’s the drive which is brand new or the data on the drive. around 2600 hundred songs it was fine…

2964 is the actual number you can max ..under that its freezing for other reasons…

ejthedj
        Participant

For the 360, one thing I’ve found that helps is to use C3 Con Tools to group the songs in to packs using the Pack Creator. It drastically reduces the load time for songs and helps with playability as you get more and more songs on there.

hardcoredrummer
          Participant

For the 360, one thing I’ve found that helps is to use C3 Con Tools to group the songs in to packs using the Pack Creator. It drastically reduces the load time for songs and helps with playability as you get more and more songs on there.

does that lower the song count so you can add more over 3000?

i’ve been having problems with my 64gig usb drive. my pc wants to format it to exfat which i don’t believe works with the 360.

but having it formated with fat32 in the xbox itself it’s now freezing my computer and corrupting the usb stick alot. like every other load as i’ve been adding songs so it works then i take it out add a few and then it won’t load after that without taking forever. i think pulling it out corrupts unless when it takes forever it’s doing something. because you can see it making a folder structure after it’s not readable and the only thing i can salvage is the song cache

so then i have to format and reload again…does it matter the size of the usb stick? this is getting frustrating

No, it only reduce the time it takes to create a song cache.

Size of the stick shouldn’t matter. If you’re having corrupted files on your USB stick it may be time to buy another one.

hardcoredrummer
            Participant

it’s brand new. i wouldn’t say the files are corrupted it’s just something i keep doing to mess up the file structure of the usb drive.

like pulling it out when it takes forever to be recognized etc.

it’s also a usb 3 drive if that matters any?

X360 uses USB 2.0 port. USB 3.0 drives should be compatible anyways though.

hobbzee77
              Participant

i’ve been having problems with my 64gig usb drive. my pc wants to format it to exfat which i don’t believe works with the 360.

but having it formated with fat32 in the xbox itself it’s now freezing my computer and corrupting the usb stick alot. like every other load as i’ve been adding songs so it …does it matter the size of the usb stick?

I can shed some light on this for you as i had the same issue not long ago & after weeks of frustration, heaps of trial & error proved these general rules to be true for Xbox360.

* any sized portable HDD can be used (formatted by x360 ensures compatability)

* usb sticks larger than 32gb native capacity will be unstable & freeze the box most of the time (as you’ve discovered) no matter how full or empty & even when formatted by Xbox to 32gb my 64gb sticks were a nightmare

* usb 3 sticks are fine (i currently run a 32gb usb3 stick & a 2.5″ 160gb ext HDD)

* I should mention you need to make sure you format ur drives from an xbox360 running dashboard 17349 or later so that it uses the specific FAT32 file system that ur xbox & the c3 software communicates with to manage all your rb3con files

so if you stick to these general rules, ie ditch the 64gb sticks & use the RBtoUSB prog inside the c3contools, you should be back in business.

Oh and yes, using the pack creator to group ur songs into albums or bands or setlists or whatever you choose does make rb3 load quicker and run smoother and more stable, but as soon as you hit the 2964 song limit in ur library you’ll get the “sorry you’ve reached the limit…” msg, but it will not crash the box. You can keep loading songs onto ur usb but they just won’t show up in game till you start deleting.

Good luck man, hope this all helped :rock:

hardcoredrummer
                Participant

hey is there anyway to reference a new single that you downloaded against songs in a pack? i think i have a conflict again but how can i look at the id numbers or file names of singles that may be conflicting with songs in a pack?

hardcoredrummer
                  Participant

I can shed some light on this for you as i had the same issue not long ago & after weeks of frustration, heaps of trial & error proved these general rules to be true for Xbox360.

* any sized portable HDD can be used (formatted by x360 ensures compatability)

* usb sticks larger than 32gb native capacity will be unstable & freeze the box most of the time (as you’ve discovered) no matter how full or empty & even when formatted by Xbox to 32gb my 64gb sticks were a nightmare

* usb 3 sticks are fine (i currently run a 32gb usb3 stick & a 2.5″ 160gb ext HDD)

* I should mention you need to make sure you format ur drives from an xbox360 running dashboard 17349 or later so that it uses the specific FAT32 file system that ur xbox & the c3 software communicates with to manage all your rb3con files

so if you stick to these general rules, ie ditch the 64gb sticks & use the RBtoUSB prog inside the c3contools, you should be back in business.

Oh and yes, using the pack creator to group ur songs into albums or bands or setlists or whatever you choose does make rb3 load quicker and run smoother and more stable, but as soon as you hit the 2964 song limit in ur library you’ll get the “sorry you’ve reached the limit…” msg, but it will not crash the box. You can keep loading songs onto ur usb but they just won’t show up in game till you start deleting.

Good luck man, hope this all helped :rock:

so i’m still using the 64gb usb as i have too many songs but would and external drive be better? also a few things I have gone over the limit but it after hitting continue it always shows 2951 or 2955 why is this? shouldn’t it show 2964?

one last thing about packs. i notice various song titles get changed when put into packs. for example bjork army of me bjork gets spelled wrong and aenema gets spelled as ema when packed. same thing for motley crue being spelled with no o with the accents etc

so i’m still using the 64gb usb as i have too many songs but would and external drive be better? also a few things I have gone over the limit but it after hitting continue it always shows 2951 or 2955 why is this? shouldn’t it show 2964?

one last thing about packs. i notice various song titles get changed when put into packs. for example bjork army of me bjork gets spelled wrong and aenema gets spelled as ema when packed. same thing for motley crue being spelled with no o with the accents etc

Accented characters get messed up a bit because of the default encoding the pack creator uses. If you set that to ANSI instead of UTF-8, it should work. You can also fix it manually if you encode songs.dta from the pack in ANSI, then enter the correct artist names (and song names, albums etc.), save the file and paste it back into the pack CON file.

hardcoredrummer
                    Participant

Accented characters get messed up a bit because of the default encoding the pack creator uses. If you set that to ANSI instead of UTF-8, it should work. You can also fix it manually if you encode songs.dta from the pack in ANSI, then enter the correct artist names (and song names, albums etc.), save the file and paste it back into the pack CON file.

i’ll give that a try. thanks it set to auto. do different consoles have different song limits? i read that on reddit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button