RB3 fails to recognize new instruments

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JohnSmith2007
    Participant

I’m currently working on a drum chart for an exixting custom that was originally made for Clone Hero.

That song is the theme to Power Rangers SPD. I’ve just finished up with adding a drum chart to the custom and have converted it into a CON file using Onyx (Because i’m not releasing it on the forums until it’s up to the C3 standards). However, when i load it into Rock Band 3, it dosen’t recognize the new instruments i added to it. Where have i gone wrong?

jerrylive365
      Participant

Are the new instruments muted somehow when you convert to a con file?

VreyIsGrey
        Participant

Have you loaded the custom without drums before? If so, then it’s possible that the two songs have conflicting IDs, and you’ll have to set a new one in Magma before compiling. At least, that’s the only thing I can think of.

JohnSmith2007
          Participant

That’s also another problem. I keep trying to compile stuff using Magma, but it keeps giving me errors like “one of your audio files is in a different bitrate” ( even though they’re all at the same bitrate), or “You have several overlapping notes” (Which is bullshit because literally any song that has drums is going to have overlapping notes regardless). I’ve tried several methods to get Magma to work and none of these methods have helped. And unless there’s a way to disable all of these stupid errors, i can’t use Magma.

FujiSkunk
            Keymaster

Overlapping notes doesn’t mean notes that start and stop at the same time, but notes that start and/or stop at different times but still overlap. Only keys charts are allowed to have such notes. If you’re getting complaints about overlap and you’re certain you don’t have overlapping notes, you may need to quantize your charts to ensure notes that should start and stop at the same times actually do so.

The bitrate error is self-explanatory. If one audio file has a 44.1kHz sampling rate, then all your files need to have 44.1 as well. The only exceptions are the dryvox files, which should always have a 16kHz sampling rate regardless of what the rest of the files use. If you got this error, fixed the files, and are still getting the error, try stopping and restarting Magma to make it look at the files again. That’s a known error on my to-fix list.

Magma’s meticulousness can be annoying, but it’s there for a reason. While the game can stomach improperly formatted song packages to a degree, the more you go off spec the more you risk the crashing the game. Really the best practice is simply to keep hammering at your charts and Magma configuration until all the errors go away.

jerrylive365
              Participant

Magma doesn’t lie about overlapping notes. Zoom in as close as possible at the time magma is reporting. You’ll see it.

Or like Fuji mentioned, quantize each color then compile again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button