Queen – After Freddie

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lifeismusic5
    Participant

After Freddie unfortunately passed away, there have truly only been 2 other front men for the super power rock group.

Paul Rodgers

Adam Lambert

My question for you all is…

Queen + Paul Rodgers

Or

Queen + Adam Lambert

Im going say, I prefer Adam only because if you look back at his first American Idol audition, he did Bohemian Rhapsody & floored the judges (even Simon). Also from most performances live I get all the same energy from him I would Freddie. Everyone complains that they wanted a carbon copy but they really just wanted someone unique who they believed come have filled Freddies shoes, & who they believe Freddie would have been okay with. I would love to read yalls opinions on this.

Dangus
      Participant

Adam is way better than Paul Rodgers for the Queen role.

Paul Rodgers to me was AWFUL. He’s good in Bad Company and it should have been kept that way lol.

I wish they’d try Marc Martel (youtube him) for awhile. He’s fantastic in singing quality. Not sure if he could pull the outfits and moves off for a live show however (as he’s probably not very flamboyant)

lifeismusic5
        Participant

Adam is way better than Paul Rodgers for the Queen role.

Paul Rodgers to me was AWFUL. He’s good in Bad Company and it should have been kept that way lol.

I wish they’d try Marc Martel (youtube him) for awhile. He’s fantastic in singing quality. Not sure if he could pull the outfits and moves off for a live show however (as he’s probably not very flamboyant)

I definitely agree with this.

On the Marc Martel thing, they actually got him to do Bohemian Rhapsody. Pretty much had him do vocals with Rami for spots that required it & not just an overdub of Freddie. I wish theyd add him for a show or 2 because hes just so damn much like Freddie, although I heard that they like the differences Adam brings.

paul doesnt fit at all…adam has more in common with freddie…lifestyle range…etc etc. so go with adam

ws54
          Participant

Even though Paul is not as good of a fit for Queen, Paul is great and I still liked a few songs from the album that was made with him. I also saw Queen with Paul in concert and it was fantastic. To me, despite being a better fit for Queen, Adam Lambert is screechy and I don’t think I’ll be going out of my way to see them with him.

FujiSkunk
            Keymaster

I like Paul Rodgers, and I don’t hate Adam Lambert, but I think John Deacon had the right idea for Queen after Freddie Mercury. Retirement.

(That’s not to say the members couldn’t have done something else, maybe even some kind of Queen tribute. They just really shouldn’t have called it Queen. My humble opinion, of course.)

Jimi369

…I think John Deacon had the right idea for Queen after Freddie Mercury. Retirement.

This. Between the two I have no preference.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button