Pro Keys for Eye of the tiger

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pipiris24
    Participant

Hello.

I was authoring the keys for this song, I got the partiture so I started charting in Reaper.

I got some issues and I want recomendations.

There was a chord formed by 3 keys, the lowest key was out of the keyboard range (c2-c4), I say out of the range because the first key is c4 and if I keep the consistence all the keyboard is too small, so I decided to delete the first key (the lowest).

Of course the charts needed shiftlane markers and I put them, but there was some sustain chords near each other in diferent ranges and when the lane shift occures the “tail” of the chords stay out of the track and looks bad.

Watch the video to understand what I’m talking about. If the link doesn’t work search eye of the tiger by survivor expert pro keys.

http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link … load_owner

I can chart those notes in another range in the same position, but it won’t be exactly as the real keys because real keyboard is bigger the the RB one.

Any recomendation?

So if I understand correctly what the issue is that the chord is to high for the c2 to c4 range. If it is than you need to wrap the notes into the range. For example if you have a note that is an E4 which is too high for c2-c4 then you need to bring that note down to an E3 so you don’t just put the notes at random places to ruin the chart. There’s more information in the docs if you wanna look there. Also if what I just said wasn’t what you were asking for well then I have a playtester and I could send him the chart and he can help you out that.

FujiSkunk
      Keymaster
        Hello.

I can chart those notes in another range in the same position, but it won’t be exactly as the real keys because real keyboard is bigger the the RB one.

Any recomendation?

Do exactly what you suggested. The game is full of songs that have parts rearranged because the original chords and riffs couldn’t otherwise fit within an octave and a third. In most cases, just wrapping things around so that affected notes are an octave higher or an octave lower is good enough. In a few cases, you can get away with leaving notes out completely. Try the wrap-around trick first, though.

pipiris24
        Participant

I did that you suggested,, but now I have a new issue.

I did the pk on hard but when I play it in expert the track doesn’t show any note, only on hard. I check the midi and the real part x has all the notes and its name its correct.

What’s the problem?

espher
          Participant
            I did that you suggested,, but now I have a new issue.

I did the pk on hard but when I play it in expert the track doesn’t show any note, only on hard. I check the midi and the real part x has all the notes and its name its correct.

What’s the problem?

Re-order the keys parts in your REAPER part as follows:

PART KEYS

PART REAL_KEYS_E

PART REAL_KEYS_M

PART REAL_KEYS_H

PART REAL_KEYS_X

Right-hand animations

Left-hand animations (if applicable)

Then, duplicate PART REAL_KEYS_E, so your project looks like this:

PART KEYS

PART REAL_KEYS_E

PART REAL_KEYS_E

PART REAL_KEYS_M

PART REAL_KEYS_H

PART REAL_KEYS_X

Right-hand animations

Left-hand animations (if applicable)

Select all of those parts, and re-export your MIDI. We want a duplicate of the FIRST real keys track, and I always put Easy first so it’s the smallest file size increase.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button