Possible to update RB3 (on-disc) songs?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MFX
    Participant

Besides there being no songs.dta files released for this thus far, is there an impediment to the upgrade scheme to change things such as metadata on RB3 on-disc content?

espher
      Participant

Anything that could be fixed via the upgrades.dta file would work (I haven’t tested every value to see what can/can’t), but we can’t straight-up “replace” the disc stuff, unfortunately. Same goes for the TUs — I can’t put Proud Mary harmonies in RBHP with the ‘official’ file because of the TU that has a replacement value for (part_vocals). I’m also not sure why it can read that one fine but doesn’t read any I put in an upgrades.dta file, but that may be because the base metadata already had a (part_vocals) value. That’s something else for me to experiment with at some point if I can get that .dta out of the TU.

Semi-related, you can’t replace stuff that “already” has harmonies for RB3 (e.g. disc songs, RB3 DLC, the Pearl Jam stuff with them on-disc), at least not directly. I tried for a bit to find a workaround like I did for keys (duplicating the first pro part in the mid) but was unsuccessful.

Fat Halpert
        Participant

You mentioned the Pearl Jam stuff. I saw a note about “Alive” in the RBHP spreadsheet and was wondering about that song’s harmonies. Are there supposed to be harmonies for that song on disc? Because it doesn’t show up with harmonies for me.

You can reach me on Discord: Fat Halpert#3165

StackOverflow0x
          Participant

Anything that could be fixed via the upgrades.dta file would work (I haven’t tested every value to see what can/can’t), but we can’t straight-up “replace” the disc stuff, unfortunately. Same goes for the TUs — I can’t put Proud Mary harmonies in RBHP with the ‘official’ file because of the TU that has a replacement value for (part_vocals). I’m also not sure why it can read that one fine but doesn’t read any I put in an upgrades.dta file, but that may be because the base metadata already had a (part_vocals) value. That’s something else for me to experiment with at some point if I can get that .dta out of the TU.

Semi-related, you can’t replace stuff that “already” has harmonies for RB3 (e.g. disc songs, RB3 DLC, the Pearl Jam stuff with them on-disc), at least not directly. I tried for a bit to find a workaround like I did for keys (duplicating the first pro part in the mid) but was unsuccessful.

Oh wow, first I’m hearing of this “Proud Mary” debacle. I think because that song was probably used as a test song for RB3, it must have had proper Harmonies at some point. Then that data ended up on the DTA by mistake. And when the title update went out, the vocal_parts value corrects it back to 1, but RBHP can’t touch it. I checked it out on the Wii and they have it corrected to 1 on-disc. Interesting.

espher
            Participant

You mentioned the Pearl Jam stuff. I saw a note about “Alive” in the RBHP spreadsheet and was wondering about that song’s harmonies. Are there supposed to be harmonies for that song on disc? Because it doesn’t show up with harmonies for me.

Alive has no harmonies.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button