Only building with the pro guitar upgrades?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hey, I have RBHP fully installed on my RGH Xbox (harmonies/pro keys/guitar for everything) which has all customs etc on, however I also run another Xbox next to it which is stock and is running TU5.

I want to try and get into playing Pro Guitar more, but obviously with the issues RBHP introduces with using pro upgrades I have to use this Xbox, I was wondering if there was a way I could install only the pro guitar upgrades from RBHP (so no harmonies/keys) so I don’t experience the issues that come from non pro upgrades online? (For example not being able to get unison bonuses etc)

I assume its just as simple as adding the upgrades without rebuilding the cache/using the dummy file?

Perhaps.

All Pro Guitar upgrades also contain harmonies and keys if appicable. Those require songs.dta files inside the Dummy file. The actual Pro Guitar upgrades don’t, so you wouldn’t need the Dummy, just the actual upgrade. However the midi files then still contain the other tracks, which may or may not interfere. You could try. If it doesn’t work, it’s not too hard to get rid of unwanted midi tracks.

espher
    Participant

The extraneous tracks won’t interfere – people have used the RBN upgrades for pro drums on songs that also had harmonies without incident.

Ah, so just build like normal and only use the upgrade package? I assume this will also be safe for online play? (Unison bonuses etc will still function)

Most likely, yeah. Give it a shot. Online certainly shouldn’t interfere with it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Back to top button