Official PS3 DLC on Xbox 360

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    EzloDQ
    Participant

Many years ago, me and a friend played Rock Band on his brother’s PS3. We got quite a few songs added to it. We decided that when we each got our own consoles that we would go with xbox over ps3, since it seemed that dlc and rbn were more current on 360.

Years later, when I discovered this community, I was glad we went with 360s. I have spent the past couple weeks reorganizing my purchased DLC, borrowing his DLC files, getting customs, making packs, and just enjoying the possibilities this community provides.

Now, the reason for the topic. Because of the custom scene, we had the idea of getting the DLC we had on that old PS3, and converting it to play on 360. Did some digging and found the files and there was 11 songs that neither of us had on our 360s.

Lucky for us, the files looked about the same as 360 aside from a couple changes. Converted the png ps3 to png xbox and renamed the midi file from .mid.edat to .mid. Obviously, this did not work. We saw the song on the xbox, info was correct and the preview played, but when actually playing the song, it froze the system before it loaded. Come to find out that the .edat was an encrypted format so that’s why it didn’t work.

Is there any way to take all these files and make them playable on 360? We have spent a few hours trying to figure it out. I understand it would be much easier to just spend the $22 to get these songs. I’m more interested in figuring out if it’s possible in any way. Thanks in advance!

BornGamerRob
      Participant

It’s a process that only a few know how to do and are definitely unwilling to share. I myself have over a thousand songs on the PS3 that I play on the PS4 because it’s just more hassle than it’s worth. I’ve actually re-bought some of the songs on the 360 and converted them to play amongst my customs (mostly ones to ensure I had the full album since RB has that ONE song missing).

So the short answer is, yes it’s possible. The long answer is you’ll have to keep digging and digging to get the knowledge to actually convert them.

Good luck to you!

EzloDQ
        Participant

Thanks for the reply! I am pretty close to buying them on 360 and just cutting my losses. I’ve done much googling and downloaded many tools but it seems I would probably need quite the combination of obscure tools to convert. I hope a kind patron will help steer me in the right direction.

i dont know much about ps3 always found it a garbage machine personally. its the machine that drove me to xbox for good. but get all your files onto your laptop desktop. download onyx..make cons. i find it makes/converts just about anything.

give it a try come back tell us how it went.

The process to achieve what you want to do it not worth it. I wouldn’t suggest to anyone to spend that much time getting things working, you’re better off playing on PS3, or buying the songs on the Microsoft store.

The tl;dr of doing that is basically that every single folder (which means packs and single DLCs) uses their own encryption key for the midi file, so you would have to find the keys for all the DLC you own, and then decrypt all of them manually, using commandline applications, and then since there are no software to convert from PS3 to any other platform, you’d be stuck to do the whole conversion manually also. It is not worth it.

What chaosjaye proposed would not work.

I don’t agree that the PS3 is a “garbage machine”. A modded PS3 gives you much more freedom than a stock or modded Xbox 360, and also you just fart on an Xbox 360 and it gets RRoD, so it is very arguable which one is garbage when you include the hardware factor.

The process to achieve what you want to do it not worth it. I wouldn’t suggest to anyone to spend that much time getting things working, you’re better off playing on PS3, or buying the songs on the Microsoft store.

The tl;dr of doing that is basically that every single folder (which means packs and single DLCs) uses their own encryption key for the midi file, so you would have to find the keys for all the DLC you own, and then decrypt all of them manually, using commandline applications, and then since there are no software to convert from PS3 to any other platform, you’d be stuck to do the whole conversion manually also. It is not worth it.

What chaosjaye proposed would not work.

I don’t agree that the PS3 is a “garbage machine”. A modded PS3 gives you much more freedom than a stock or modded Xbox 360, and also you just fart on an Xbox 360 and it gets RRoD, so it is very arguable which one is garbage when you include the hardware factor.

personal opinion. ive 2 xbox 360s ive had 12 years never an issue.

EzloDQ
          Participant

Starting to lean more and more toward it not being worth it. I did some research and found some RAP files for the songs. Problem is, even with that file it sounds like hours more time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button