OD and solo question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi guys, thanks for all the help so far. I’ve been doing lots of customs but expert only. How do you guys do OD when the song is expert only? Magma kicks out errors for not having notes in the easy medium and hard tracks. Also get the same error for solos. Do you guys just chart or cut and paste the sections with OD or am I doing something wrong. I plan on adding other difficulties later on but honesty the songs I’m doing are very easy and straight forward and I don’t see the point in charting all the difficulties.

If you want OD with expert only, you could just copy the expert chart down to the lower difficulties and it should work fine in Magma if I remember correctly.

Thanks. That’s what I figured.

I never knew how hard it is to chart medium difficulty. Can never figure out what to remove or what to change without changing the enjoyment realism factor.

Thanks. That’s what I figured.

I never knew how hard it is to chart medium difficulty. Can never figure out what to remove or what to change without changing the enjoyment realism factor.

Here is a quick “in most cases” guideline to reductions:

Hard: seven 8th notes per measure

Medium: four 4th notes per measure

Easy: two 2th notes per measure

You can of course have less notes if the song doesn’t have constant 8th or 16th notes etc. too, but try and not have more notes than that in most songs per measure

Placement of said notes might need to change depending on the songs rhythm, but try and avoid having only a 8th or less space between notes on Medium, and a 4th or less space on Easy. Hard can have some 16th notes, but you should try and not have more than two 16th notes at a time.

ws54
    Participant

A useful tip to copy notes to the next lower difficulty is to highlight the notes you want to copy and press Alt-c.

Thanks for these awesome tips to make reductions that much easier! I know there is a reductions.txt file that comes in the CustomTools.zip that contains pretty detailed instructions for reductions on all instruments but is there any other tips when it comes to using REAPER specifically related to reductions? There are plenty of songs out there that are Expert Only that I would love to figure out how to do reductions on.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Back to top button