Nov 28, 2014 – Music of Scotland C02, singles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Gigakoops
    Participant
      Just wondering if I’m the only one who can’t see the preview video from the blog post?

You are not alone.

Cool songs. But no video today?

I don’t get where that went wrong, but here’s a direct link:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k1vUrahHgbWL8T9sLmv

It’s nice that you managed to chart Baker Street. However, I found a bit of a problem with the guitar chart: The guitar solo feels a bit off, like the charted notes are coming slightly after the actual notes of the song. Hope you can fix it.

I just played it again and can’t really find anything wrong with it. Can you be more specific? (“Guitar solo feels off” doesn’t really help :-/)

Edit: Never mind, i see your comments in the Bug Tracker. I went over the solo a few times to try and get the timing right, but it was a choice between being super-accurate and trying to correct the “sloppiness” to make it easier to play (as recommended in the Guitar/Bass Authoring docs).

I’ll take another look at it when I get a chance (which won’t be for a few days, sorry)

Gigakoops
      Participant

I should point out that until I release new music (and I decide to make customs out of it) “The Closing of Chaos” is the last Gigakoops track that will have multitracks, as the rest have been lost via computer virus. If I ever for any reason decide I want to release more of my own tracks, they will not be multitrack customs, but will use a backing audio file only.

Great job everyone at C3 for using my suggestion of Gerry Rafferty’s “Baker Street” with the piano/synth as the instrument for playing the saxophone portions of this song. Excellent job guys keep up the AWESOME!!!

It’s nice that you managed to chart Baker Street. However, I found a bit of a problem with the guitar chart: The guitar solo feels a bit off, like the charted notes are coming slightly after the actual notes of the song. Hope you can fix it.

I just played it again and can’t really find anything wrong with it. Can you be more specific? (“Guitar solo feels off” doesn’t really help :-/)

Edit: Never mind, i see your comments in the Bug Tracker. I went over the solo a few times to try and get the timing right, but it was a choice between being super-accurate and trying to correct the “sloppiness” to make it easier to play (as recommended in the Guitar/Bass Authoring docs).

I’ll take another look at it when I get a chance (which won’t be for a few days, sorry)

The thing is: the chart as it is now is actually quite unnecessarily difficult to play because of how out of sync it feels, even by RB standards. Therefore, I feel in your effort in trying to “correct the sloppiness,” you went a bit too far and ended up making the chart feel off and not fun after all.

Good Job with Baker Street and my suggestion about using the piano for the sax. I’m in the process of learning to author myself. Perhaps I’ll be up to speed by the end of the year, I have all the apps and just am learning to chart and use them.

Trenty32

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button