No lip-synching at ALL in any of my custom songs…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Peachfanclub
    Participant

I’m noticing that in the custom songs I’ve rendered, the song itself plays and works just fine, but the characters on stage don’t appear to be mouthing any words at all throughout the song. Other customs have them lip-synching without any problems, so what could I possibly be doing wrong? This is happening to me on BOTH Xbox and PS3, so it’s not a console problem.

I read somewhere there was a rare bug in the authoring process that had to do with adjusting dryvox sound bytes for the harmony parts, but that didn’t help my issue at all. It’s bugging me and I would like to get it fixed…

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Peachfanclub.

I like pop, I like soul, I like rock, but I never liked disco.

BornGamerRob
      Participant

This is fully on the DRYVOX tracks in the template. If you are doing only solo vocals, DRYVOX 1 is the track you want that corresponds to the track selected in MAGMA (SOLO/Harmony 1 Dry Vocals). You must record this track with your own vocals (to be more accurate) and you must RENDER this track ONLY and use it when compiling in MAGMA. If you don’t want to record your own voice (you really should), then you can RENDER the main track as a 16 Hz Mono channel recording and use it as the DRYVOX.

For songs that have harmonies, you must use DRYVOX 2 for Guitar/Key to singalong and DRYVOX 3 for Bass to singalong. Record and RENDER the same way above. Also, HARM1 will be the track the lead vocal follows, so whatever is on that track is what the lead singer will be singing. You must also be sure to update the VENUE track when you want the other parts to be singing.

All this should be covered in the docs, so this is not a detailed step-by-step, but just a high level method of what you should be doing.

Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button