Next-Gen consoles: Future of Rock Band?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    lifeismusic5
    Participant

Hey everyone, considering PS5 is set to release soon & of course the new Xbox Series X is also around the corner, what can we expect from RB? Is there going to be a RB4 port or RB5? Or will we see them trying to keep going on PS4/XB1? Im very impressed with how they kept going this long even out living Guitar Hero. I cant say I would be surprised if they dont make another RB game since this wasnt really a commercial success by any means. It has its loyal players & this wonderful community but a majority of this community (including me) mainly plays RB3. The problem was that they never did anything to force players to have to switch outside of RB4 exclusive DLC. Just look at the fact that Keys were defunct in RB4. I love many of the new DLC songs & theyve gotten songs & artists I never thought they would. Im honestly feeling like this new iteration of RB is coming to an end with less fan interest & the fact that a majority of us just play RB3 since we have past DLC & custom tracks. For me there was no reason to go to RB4 outside of the new DLC. I also truthfully dont care much for the new interface in RB4. Heres to hoping that we either continue to get RB4 DLC or we get a new RB game down the line for PS5/XBSX

If we get lucky, they may release a port of RB4 for the new generation consoles, or if we get EXTREMELY lucky, they may release a RB4 with all the DLC in disc. But the odds are really really low

BornGamerRob
      Participant

My personal opinion is what we see of Rock Band now is the last we’ll see of Rock Band. No one will want to invest in the hardware it takes to make it happen and this game is pretty much relegated to the die hard fans of this genre. This is what happens when you don’t innovate to keep moving something forward. RB4 is basically RB3 with missing features and a few new ideas (Rivals, Brutal Mode) thrown in. RIP Rock Band.

But hey, we’ll always have customs, which to me was the biggest gift I could have ever received with this game. =-)

pumpkinpie
        Participant

ya i bought RB4 before i knew of customs, plus i bought a PS4 only to get to play RB4 and if i knew of customs beforehand i probably would not have.

if another RB came out or was ported to PS5 i would most likely pass unless there was a really big reason to invest in it.

Shroud
          Participant

PS5 is capable of running PS4 games, so you will be able to keep playing RB4 on the new PS5, and DLC will keep coming.

That’s all I think there will be.

BornGamerRob
            Participant

PS5 is capable of running PS4 games, so you will be able to keep playing RB4 on the new PS5, and DLC will keep coming.

It’s not automatically backward compatible with all games and I doubt Rock Band is in the Top 100.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ps5-backwards-compatibility-ps4-compatible-playstation-6300

Even if it were, they aren’t saying all top 100 will be playable either.

And the hardware isn’t automatically recognized. I doubt highly it will be playable on the ps5 without some level of intervention and investment that doesn’t really seem worth it to either party at this point.

RainbowDash321
              Participant

My personal opinion is what we see of Rock Band now is the last we’ll see of Rock Band. No one will want to invest in the hardware it takes to make it happen and this game is pretty much relegated to the die hard fans of this genre. This is what happens when you don’t innovate to keep moving something forward. RB4 is basically RB3 with missing features and a few new ideas (Rivals, Brutal Mode) thrown in. RIP Rock Band.

But hey, we’ll always have customs, which to me was the biggest gift I could have ever received with this game. =-)

Pretty much. I was a die heart GH fan back in 2005. I still love GH/RB games but it’s just hard to keep up nowadays because we are adult now. I said “I don’t think I never going to see another Guitar Hero game again”. Guitar Hero and Rock Band are dead franchise now. R.I.P. Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

GossamerSolid
                Participant

The future is most likely CloneHero/Strikeline. CloneHero is the closest to RB that we have on PC and it has the most active development team out of any of the similar games.

Just needs some more time in the development oven and for vocals to be added.

RainbowDash321
                  Participant

The future is most likely CloneHero/Strikeline. CloneHero is the closest to RB that we have on PC and it has the most active development team out of any of the similar games.

Just needs some more time in the development oven and for vocals to be added.

Clone Hero, Strikeline, Rock Band 3, and Phase Shift will be the future of rhythm games because everything is on there. I was questioning this: “Why owning separate Guitar Hero and Rock Band games? I can just sell them and keep Rock Band 3 for Xbox 360 that has songs all-in-one game.” I sold all my GH/RB game and kept Rock Band 3/Clone Hero with all 7 instruments. I don’t even need to buy RB4 at all.

I just couldn’t believe how little content RB4 had. I think even if it gets ported or we get a new RB5 it will just pale in comparison to 3. I don’t even know what to do with my 2 Ps4 guitars now that I’ve gone back to playing 3 in my 360 lol.

RainbowDash321
                    Participant

I just couldn’t believe how little content RB4 had. I think even if it gets ported or we get a new RB5 it will just pale in comparison to 3. I don’t even know what to do with my 2 Ps4 guitars now that I’ve gone back to playing 3 in my 360 lol.

Try sell both guitars and buy something or instrument you don’t have for RB3. RB4 was nothing to me. I’m pretty sure RB5 won’t be good either.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button