New Rule: No additions to audio

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nyxyxylyth
    Participant

New Rule: C3 releases cannot contain author-added extra sounds, without consent of the artist. If you simply must, go nuts in an alternate version. Note that this rule does not apply to the count-in audio.

Any C3 releases prior to September 2014 are safely grandfathered in.

Not even crowd audio, like custom crowd sing-alongs if we get a group of people to do that for us?

Also, for Black Widow of LaPorte, it’s extremely quiet and buried in the crowd audio channel, I couldn’t hear it at all when I played it in-game so the guy who found the easter egg must have had really loud sound on

At least please consider allowing for special permissions by request in the case of crowd sing-along and such, please?

Nyxyxylyth
      Participant
        Not even crowd audio, like custom crowd sing-alongs if we get a group of people to do that for us?

Also, for Black Widow of LaPorte, it’s extremely quiet and buried in the crowd audio channel, I couldn’t hear it at all when I played it in-game so the guy who found the easter egg must have had really loud sound on

At least please consider allowing for special permissions by request in the case of crowd sing-along and such, please?

We don’t have enough time to keep up with playtesting as it is. We’d have to evaluate every custom in-game and make sure it didn’t cross an ephemeral line of good taste with 5.1 and 2-speaker setups.

Feel free to add whatever you like to alternate versions.

PikminGuts92
        Participant

I assume this doesn’t affect fade-out fixes, right?

Nyxyxylyth
          Participant
            I assume this doesn’t affect fade-out fixes, right?

Correct: tweaking levels of existing audio is fine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button