Movie Themes/Music From Movies

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Gigakoops
    Participant

Similar idea to the TV themes pack, this would be a pack that is a collection of songs and possibly incidental music from different movie soundtracks. Here are some ideas that have been tossed around:

– Blues Traveler – “Secret Agent Man” (Ace Ventura 2: When Nature Calls)

– Dewey Cox – “Let’s Duet” (Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story)

– Kronos Quartet – “Lux Aeterna” (Requiem for a Dream)

– Tia Carrere – “Ballroom Blitz” (Wayne’s World)

– The Wonders – “That Thing You Do” (That Thing You Do!)

And because the idea of remixes/covers has been brought up on Skype, we have one idea for that too:

– Erwin Beeveld – “They’re Taking the Hobits to Eisengard” (Remix of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)

Just so people know, I’ve already had “That Thing You Do” done for a while now. So I can add it in this pack if it happens.

It’s not the same version that’s used in the movie (which was a cover), but I could get Laid from American Pie ready for this too.

Farottone
      Keymaster

Queensryche – Real World

Megadeth – Angry Again

These are done, I’m waiting for a guy to do most of AC/DC – Big Guns to add what’s missing, and these could go in a Last Action Hero 3-pack, we could theme the week and have packs, if enough material is produced. I probably have more than a few movie-related songs in my drawer.

pksage
        Keymaster

I probably won’t have time to contribute to this, but Eels – “My Beloved Monster” or Proclaimers – “I’m on My Way” (both from Shrek) would be great. The Shrek OST was awesome.

Pixies – “Where Is My Mind?” is highly-requested and would also be good. Fight Club.

TrojanNemo
          Participant
            Shrek OST was awesome.

Yes! Would love songs from it.

I probably won’t have time to contribute to this, but Eels – “My Beloved Monster” or Proclaimers – “I’m on My Way” (both from Shrek) would be great. The Shrek OST was awesome.

I second “I’m on My Way”. Also the Smash Mouth version of “I’m a Believer”. Damn, Shrek 1 & 2 had great soundtracks.

Would also love “Hero” by Chad Kroeger, from Spider-Man. Depending on when this gets done, and if I have time, I may chart that myself.

Gigakoops
            Participant

I’ve added my songs to the scheduler. I chose “Lux Aeterna” from the film “Requiem of a Dream” because I feel the pack needs iconic orchestral pieces. I also picked Paul Shaffer’s cover of “Roll Over Beethoven” from the Beethoven movies (the dog movies from the 90’s) because dammit we need more silly covers of songs with several guitar and piano solos.

Cool, I added Laid to the scheduler too, should have no problem getting that ready for the pack.

Pencilling in “The Simpsons Theme” by Green Day, from The Simpsons Movie, for this pack. If time permits I might also contribute “Hero” as mentioned above.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button