Minor Note Highway Skipping?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

More of an issue directly related to RB3 itself, but hopefully you guys don’t mind me posting this here since this has become my new RB community. I also don’t believe it has anything to do with customs since it happens with official content as well.

I’m getting some minor but very annoying “skipping”, for lack of a better word, happening with the note-chart when playing. Sometimes it seems as if it throws the calibration off for a few seconds, but that might just be the skip itself distracting me. It doesn’t seem to affect the animations in the background, only the notes/highway. The audio doesn’t cut-out or skip at all either.

I recently upgraded my whole speaker system in my living room, which previously involved a setup where the hdmi would go straight to the TV from the Xbox, and then a digital audio cable to the stereo box from the TV. My new stereo box, for some reason I truly don’t understand, requires the HDMI from the xbox going into it, and then another HDMI cable feeding into my TV along with the digital audio cable. I’m assuming what’s happening here is the game’s struggling to keep up with all the calibration between the new setup, but what I’m wondering is if there’s a way to fix it that doesn’t involve buying a new TV.

My new stereo has an option for manually setting an A/V offset, not sure if that would be worth messing with.

Does your TV have a game mode feature or similar? The stuttering effect can be caused by frame interpolation

ShinyZeni
    Participant

That would be my guess as well. See if your TV has a game mode, if it does then turn it on. If it doesn’t, look for any settings that imply the TV does anything special to “make it better”, like “cinemotion” or something. If it does, turn those off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solved it. There’s a setting buried in the stereo’s menus that allows the optical digital audio cable to be the audio source for the current input, rather than relying on two hdmi cables. Thanks guys.

Bansheeflyer

Interesting…I didn’t think anyone actually used the digital audio cable for anything.

On my old (awful) stereo system, I needed it to play games with speakers since all I had for my xbox was a single hdmi cable, no composite.

Farottone
        Keymaster

Interesting…I didn’t think anyone actually used the digital audio cable for anything.

You either own a very very good AV receiver that can handle your video passthrough without introducing issues, or you pass the audio with your S/PDIF cable to feed audio to your receiver while connecting your video source to your screen directly with an HDMI cable.

Bansheeflyer

I just use the HDMI cable only. I have the Xbox connected directly into my computer monitor (it’s the only screen in the house that supports HDMI!) and I guess I assumed most people just use the HDMI cable by itself.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button