Milking?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Am I the only person who uses the term ‘milking’ in reference to the act of collecting overdrive by whammying on a white sustain note on guitar/bass? :psyduck:

Yes.

jerrylive365
    Participant

Most definitely you are the only one.

GoodGooglyMoogly
      Participant

Haven’t heard that one before but now I’m definitely gonna use it

BornGamerRob
        Participant

if you were to complete the expression by saying, “milking it for everything its got” then I can see how that can be used in accurate context. that said, pretty sure you are the only one using it for this particular instance. you’re a trend setter. congrats!

if you were to complete the expression by saying, “milking it for everything its got” then I can see how that can be used in accurate context. that said, pretty sure you are the only one using it for this particular instance. you’re a trend setter. congrats!

I always thought of the act as extracting the white substance from within the sustain note, therefore my mind logically went to milking as that is the same principle.

jerrylive365
          Participant

I always thought of the act as extracting the white substance from within the sustain note, therefore my mind logically went to milking as that is the same principle.

Gross

MrPrezident

Kinda wish I skipped this thread

Keeping the content Canadian since 2017!

SomeOldGuys: https://db.c3universe.com/songs/all/__user/someoldguys
              MrPrezident: https://db.c3universe.com/songs/all/__user/MrPrezident

lifeismusic5
              Participant

This thread derailed quickly… wow things I wish I havent read for 1000 Alex!

C’mon people :doh: It is not a reference to jerking off the guitar. The same logic applies to milking a cow, which is what I thought in my head as I fill the overdrive meter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button