MIDI Validation failed: (++mNumEvents <= 250000)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sideshow
    Participant

Anyone ever get this error in Magma? I don’t know what to do to get this song to compile.

raynebc
      Participant

Sounds like you may have reached a hard limit, a quarter million MIDI events is insane. You may have to split the chart up or simplify it (ie. remove lower difficulties) to get under the limit, if that’s actually the issue.

Sideshow
        Participant

That makes sense. The midi file is 850kb and thats with me reducing the notes on the lower difficulties. Looks like I need to reduce even more.

TrojanNemo
          Participant

We’ve had people with 1MB+ songs that didn’t quite get to so many MIDI events. How the heck did you manage that?

Oddbrother
            Participant

Oh boy, that’s quite a long song. I wonder how many notes are authored in that.

Sideshow
              Participant

I finally got the song to compile but needed to butcher the lower difficulties as much as possible to do so. This full band custom may not be able to have CAT reductions as there is between 6 to 9 thousand notes on every instrument minus vocals. :aaaaa:

apricot
                Participant

I can’t even understand when someone gets this kind of error in Magma.

Like this is literally the first time I’ve seen a complete mess in a Dream Theater custom

MFX
                  Participant

Number of notes aside, there are other MIDI events that can increase a count: pitch and mod wheel, aftertouch, hold pedal, other CCs and N/RPNs…

Make sure that REAPER isn’t hiding those things with the filter. I suppose that’s especially the case if you’re converting a MIDI song/karaoke for the custom.

Farottone
                    Keymaster

CAT > Remove invalid markers also helps

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button