Magma Setting the Drum Difficulty Incorrectly?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

This is a very minor thing, but why does Magma sometimes set the in-game drum difficulty one tier below what I set it to? For example, this song was set to nightmare difficulty in Magma:

But in-game it appears in challenging. This has happened to about half of the songs I’ve compiled, regardless of what difficulty I’ve set it to, and it only ever happens on drums. My first test version of the above song was originally placed in impossible, but in-game it appeared in nightmare.

Sideshow
    Participant

Once you compile the song do you see the correct tierring in visualizer or is the tier dropping only shown through the in game setlist? For me I only see the tier dropping in game but it happens for all the instruments not just drums.

Yeah, it’s only in-game. I’ve had it happen on guitar, but only once on my first custom. I feel like this has something to do with why almost none of the custom songs I’ve downloaded have drums up in impossible. The only exceptions being Bloodmeat and Cliffs of Dover.

TrojanNemo
      Participant

Well, that sure sounds like the difficulty settings are off. It also sounds like someone should have pointed that out for the nearly two years I worked on Magma.

You did make sure you’re using the latest version of Magma and C3 CON Tools, right?

Well, that sure sounds like the difficulty settings are off. It also sounds like someone should have pointed that out for the nearly two years I worked on Magma.

You did make sure you’re using the latest version of Magma and C3 CON Tools, right?

I’m using 3.3.0, so it looks like I’m a bit behind. I’ll try the latest and report back.

Just tried it with a new song using updated magma/contools. Set in nightmare, in-game appears in challenging.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button