Looking to switch/replace a guitar charting…how do I?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi guys.

First off…thanks so much for all the work everyone has done for this game. Been having a blast with many of these customs.

OK, so I have two versions of “Supermassive Black Hole”, one the recent GH3 finalized version, and another that was released by someone quite a while back that was guitar only. Now, I personally prefer the charting on the one I have that is guitar only (has more chord-style charting, etc), but I also would like to have vocals, drums, etc charting with it.

So I was thinking I could possibly take the charting from the guitar only one and replace it into the one OrangeHarrison put out, so I have all of his finalized work with the guitar charting I like…but I do not really know where to begin to do this and how to finish it up.

Can anyone help guide me on the steps I’d need to take to do this. May release the alternate version out for C3 team if they’d like to try it as well, once I have it done.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help.

ok, I’ve been trying to use the LeFluffie for RB3 and Reaper. Went into reaper, opened the midi file I wanted to change, deleted the guitar track, and added media file to add in the guitar track I want in there. It does end up shorter than the other tracks, but seems to be charted on time.

Now, from there I exported as a new midi, then went in LeFluffie for RB and opened the old song file. Went into the root folder stuff, and did a replace on the midi file, then Signed and rebuilt.

Thought that all might work, but when I load into the game, it freezes on the intro scenes before it goes in to start playing the song. Any ideas if I am missing something or what can fix the freeze issue?

Jerry1gman
    Participant

Try building it in Magma?

I deleted the guitar track, and added the “custom” guitar track.

I’ll assume that by “deleting,” you highlighted the guitar track, right-clicked, and hit “delete,” and copy-pasted the “custom” track.

I would have deleted the guitar MIDI notes and copy-pasted the “custom” guitar MIDI notes in there. A slightly bit longer process, but in theory the notes should align, without the crash you’re reporting.

Thanks. Will try it in the new Magma and see what happens. Wasn’t sure if I needed to use Magma since I wanted all in the other one to stay the same except the guitar charting itself (had no plans to change the venue/animations or any other chartings or music)…

@galexio..kind of a newbie at doing this stuff so not quite sure how to cut/paste notes yet…is it one by one, or can I do an entire section at once?

ok…working through magma, I’m getting these errors:

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): drum mix ‘drums3’ at [1] supports exactly 6 (total) drum channels; this song’s configuration has 3 (total) drum channels

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): drum mix ‘drums3’ at [1] supports exactly 2 kit channels; this song’s configuration has 1 kit channels

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): drum mix ‘drums3’ at [1] supports exactly 2 kick channels; this song’s configuration has 1 kick channels

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): drum mix ‘drums3’ at [1] supports exactly 2 snare channels; this song’s configuration has 1 snare channels

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART GUITAR): MIDI track name event must appear at 1:1:000; found track name ‘PART GUITAR’ at 106:3:000

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Unison phrases don’t quite coincide at [25] in tracks PART DRUMS and PART GUITAR

MIDI Compiler: Done.

ERROR: Project Compiler: Midi compiler failed.

Build ended at 10:51 PM.

Didn’t seem to have the problem before Magma said I had to switch to 480 ticks per quarter from 960..

I have a secondary midi that is putting this out:

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Time division must be 480 ticks per quarter; this file is 960 ticks per quarter

Build ended at 11:06 PM.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix. Coulsd it be something in the ticks per quarter of the guitar part I pasted in?

Exported the stems from the original, but notice some of the stems are in left and right stereo seperated, but Magma only allows you to select one wav file. Doubt that matters but mentioning in case.

any ideas how to get past these issues?

TrojanNemo
      Participant

check out the Drum Mix Events portion of the tutorial docs.

http://pksage.com/rbndocs/index.php?tit … _Authoring

check out the Drum Mix Events portion of the tutorial docs.

http://pksage.com/rbndocs/index.php?tit … _Authoring

Thanks TrojanNemo..will check that out on those files in case it fixes, only skeptical because I didn’t touch any of OrangeHarrison’s file’s events or drum stuff, so curious why it’d be drums (but could be)… also just edited post above.

have a file that only threw this out…was done in Reaper at 960 tpq:

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Time division must be 480 ticks per quarter; this file is 960 ticks per quarter

Could it possibly be something in the ticks per quarter of the guitar part I pasted in?

Oddbrother
        Participant
          have a file that only threw this out:

Check your REAPER MIDI preferences.

have a file that only threw this out:

Check your REAPER MIDI preferences.

yep, did that…changed to 480 and that’s when I got all that drum error stuff….curious, could it be possible the guitar part I pasted in was at 480 tpq and all the rest is at 960, causing the error? Trying to learn this stuff..lol…one of the top character creators in the world in one game, then a complete noob in this stuff..haha.. love it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button