Looking for Advice/Help on Mapping a Section

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’ve been steadily chipping away at a 5 pack of Converge songs, and I’m almost finished. Unfortunately, I’ve gotten to the end of their song “Last Light” and the outro breakdown in this song is doing my head in, I absolutely cannot figure out how to map it consistently and accurately. I’m not sure if the time signature is changing between bars or not, but the rest of the song was in 4/4 for most of the way through. All I really know for sure is that the tempo is shifting constantly as the band doesn’t really hold a tempo all that well for the rest of the song either. The rest of the song took several hours to map properly due to all of the tempo changes and I’d really rather not have to give up and abandon my progress on this track if possible…

Here’s a video of the specific part (3:04 if it doesn’t skip to it properly) –

https://youtu.be/GNnzJJiDHok?t=183

And my source files for reference, or if anyone can tell me what to do here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?1j8nu4uy8oc3z87

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this, if anyone’s able to help me out here I’d be extremely grateful.

i played around with the tempo mapping in ur reaper file. i deleted all the tempo markers from 118 till the end of the song and re did it.

I found the the first bar (or 2 depending on which time signature you would rather use, 4/4 = 2 bars , 8/4 = 1 bar) to be 4/4 or 8/4 (starting at measure 118 in your reaper file) , then the rest of the song is in 10/4 im pretty sure. you might want to simplify 10/4 to 5/4 since the bpm does change it seems.

this is a pretty good song lookin foward to the release!

i played around with the tempo mapping in ur reaper file. i deleted all the tempo markers from 118 till the end of the song and re did it.

I found the the first bar (or 2 depending on which time signature you would rather use, 4/4 = 2 bars , 8/4 = 1 bar) to be 4/4 or 8/4 (starting at measure 118 in your reaper file) , then the rest of the song is in 10/4 im pretty sure. you might want to simplify 10/4 to 5/4 since the bpm does change it seems.

this is a pretty good song lookin foward to the release!

I think you may be right there. It’s either 10/4 or like… 5/4 and then 7/8 or 9/8 or some shit like that. Hard to tell with the tempo changes, and I’m probably overthinking it but for the most part but 10/4 (or just 5/4) seems to fit. Thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button