List of all announced RB4 songs – updated September 28 – U2!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 370 total)
  • Author
    samjjones
    Participant

I’m not sure if I’ll be playing RB4 on the 6th or not.  I’m not a Prime customer, and I didn’t feel like begging, so my pre-order may not show up on release day.  Also, I still have yet to get an XBone.  Harmonix will have my support until the bitter end, but this is the most “meh” I’ve been about an upcoming RB title.  It’s not even Harmonix’s fault (not entirely, anyway).  The more I hear about the new generation of consoles and Microsoft’s treatment of Windows users, the more I’m really not looking forward to giving them my money.

But, I will, sooner or later, and I know it will be worth it, if only for RB4.

I feel the same way.  It’s very possible that once the first couple of batches of DLC get announced, that I’ll feel differently.  I’ve always been more interested in “content” then features…if they start adding a bunch of songs that I really like and will want to play, then I’ll have no choice but to dive back in fully.  Until then…I am passively observing.

Yeah, I’m holding off to see which (if either) version ends up being able to support customs.  Also the lack of midi adapter support at launch means my roland v-drums are useless currently, so there’s not much point as mostly a drums-player.

TrojanNemo
      Participant

Edited OP based on the following video found by drummerockband:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKBxGpiweJw

Hetz
        Participant

The other U2 song is Cedarwood Road from their latest album, according to the print version of the USA today.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2015/09/28/rock-band-4-gets-u2-music-video-game-rivalry-reboots/72757990/

TrojanNemo
          Participant

Updated OP. Now we’re up to 65 on-disc songs…I wonder if there are more yet to be announced. I also wonder if U2 gave them the songs for free so HMX would automatically download them onto everyone’s game  :awesome:

In any case, I don’t know either of these two, but I’m interested in the DLC coming up.

TrojanNemo
            Participant

That’s an assumption. The tweet says this is the final setlist announcement. As has been noted on reddit and as I tweeted at them to clarify, it can easily be read to mean there may be more songs on disc but they just won’t be announced prior to release. Unlikely, but not entirely impossible.

Also, totally called it.

I guess we’re just waiting for an announcement now?

samjjones
              Participant

W.

T.

F.

Farottone
                Keymaster

Step 1: book one of the most sought after bands

Step 2: release any song from their most popular album

Step 3: release more… wait, what happened to step 2?

Dash Riprock
                  Participant

Yoo-hoo_logo.gif

samjjones
                    Participant

1) Is this the first time a band has gotten more than 1 song on an on-disk release?  I can’t think of any precedent.

2) Perhaps U2 will have a “special” DLC pricing structure…I know Sussman has talked about a variable DLC pricing structure in the past.  So maybe they want to drive purchases through DLC instead of packaging on-disk?  I don’t know.

In any event…I’m not a huge U2 fan, but have to appreciate the “surprise” aspect of this announcement.

TrojanNemo
                      Participant

Lego had two Queen songs.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk Pro.

Maxton
                        Participant

I expect to see the entire Songs of Innocence album downloaded onto everyone’s console automatically sometime after launch :brosius:

Hetz
                          Participant

Yeah, I figured that one song would be from their new album, but they could have at least had the other song be from Joshua Tree, Rattle and Hum or Actung Baby. I Will Follow, is ok….but hardly a mega hit. New Years Day would have been a better early U2 song, if they were determined to use a really early song.

I guess that is what the DLC will be used for….like U2s Greatest Hits : Rock Band Edition…..like what the Doors, Bon Jovi and Billy Joel got.

Blast it, I’m still trying to wade through all the submissions in Other Customs in anticipation of further announcements. I’m only on page 6 working to page 1. There’s just so much content on here but not C3-released that I can’t keep up before each Harmonix announcement.  :sweatdrop:

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 370 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Back to top button