Is there any way to retrieve my old RBN songs from my old PS3?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    WeApOn
    Participant

My old PS3 was broken for awhile and I got a new one which I used specifically for RB customs. I recently was able to get my older PS3 fixed, and that contains a ton of Rock Band songs on it, primarily ones from RBN and official DLC that I purchased.

I am now in the predicament where I have two PS3s with different libraries of songs on them, and I’d love to merge them somehow.

I have far more C3 Customs than I do RBN/DLC downloads, so I’d love to move those purchases to my C3-compatible PS3. Is there any way to do this?

I am thinking one option would be to connect my PS3 to the PSN and download all my old tracks. However I have always been fearful of connecting to PSN due to the firmware that had to be installed on my PS3 in order to use C3 customs.

Anyone been in a similar situation that could shed light on what I could do?

Thanks for any advice or tips.

To clarify — I am only looking to access the songs I have legally purchased on my Playstation account.

Try to use C3 CON Tools, the fatest and complete way to manage your songs!

WeApOn
      Participant

Try to use C3 CON Tools, the fatest and complete way to manage your songs!

??

I have and use this, but primarily for converting songs. Granted I’ve used about 20% of its features, but, is there something that this tool can do with my official PS3? I’m doubting this tool holds my solution, but I’d be happily mistaken if you can let me know just exactly what I could do?

I don’t have an ps3, so i don’t know. But try to put the songs of you ps3 into a pendrive, Then use RBtoUSB tool to extract the songs for some folder in your pc. Then put in the pen drive with the customs. Someone like this.

No this won’t work.

What you can do is use your PSN account on your CFW PS3 and download the songs there. You can activate 2 PS3s per account so this is the easiest way (If you do that make sure to use PSNPatch or any other means for ban protection). Another way would be network transfer using the system’s transfer software; but if your CFW is on an older firmware than your OFW I don’t know if that works.

I also know of someone who did the other way around: Installed customs on his CFW and then network transferred to his OFW; and yes it apparently it works.

WeApOn
        Participant

No this won’t work.

What you can do is use your PSN account on your CFW PS3 and download the songs there. You can activate 2 PS3s per account so this is the easiest way (If you do that make sure to use PSNPatch or any other means for ban protection). Another way would be network transfer using the system’s transfer software; but if your CFW is on an older firmware than your OFW I don’t know if that works.

I also know of someone who did the other way around: Installed customs on his CFW and then network transferred to his OFW; and yes it apparently it works.

So PSNPatch is a means to access your PSN content but prevent a ban? When I dealt with the CFW install a few years back I remember hearing about people getting banned when accessing things they purchased, so I stayed away from that.

Alternatively, the system transfer software is something within the PS3? Does it need both systems on the same internal network, or some kind of cable between the two systems?

The transfer system included in the OS only needs both PS3s on the same network.

As for PSNPatch: As long as your CFW is updated (Now it

WeApOn
          Participant

The transfer system included in the OS only needs both PS3s on the same network.

Thanks for the extra info! Is it advisable that I should first upgrade to these newer versions before attempting to go online — specifically — are the older versions more prone to getting a ban?

Regarding ‘banning myself’ — in a way, yes. However, I use my account on my other PS3 and if I lost that I would lose the ability to do that, as well as a very rare name since I set up my PS account on the day of release.

Thanks again!

Yes; you need to be on a current firmware version to connect to PSN.

And yeah I didnt think about your original account getting ban risks doing that; this would be your call at this point. All I can say about that is that if youre not playing any games I think the ban risks are low (I can never say that there is no risks though; that would be a lie). Also; if you plan on connecting it to PSN; we are a very small community that plays customs online on PS3. If you plan on joining us I really suggest using a brand new PSN account to play on your CFW; just in case.

WeApOn
            Participant

Was hoping to do this, but it looks like this is a full replacement of the PS3 that is being transferred to? It said it will delete all data and then transfer everything? Would this even work transferring from a CFW to non-CFW?

If the above is not going to work, looks like the only option is to try and bring my CFW PS3 online. Where is the best place to find information about how to upgrade CFW and acquire things like PSNPatch? It’s been a few years since doing my CFW and I’ve totally forgotten.

Thanks!

I personally never used the built in transfer tool so I didn’t knew it was the whole thing.

As for an updated CFW I suggest rebug 4.81 (easy to find on google) and using PSNPatch.

Basically just update your CFW through USB; then boot PSNPatch and hit Triangle; this will disable CFW features and spoof your firmware as an OFW and close PSNPatch. You won’t be able to use any homebrew stuff untill you reboot; but you can go online safely then. I still suggest to use a separate PS3 account to go online; one that you won’t boot any homebrew. (PSN can read through your History; while PSNPatch supposedly wipe it; still safer to use an account that don’T boot any homebrew.)

WeApOn
              Participant

I personally never used the built in transfer tool so I didn’t knew it was the whole thing.

As for an updated CFW I suggest rebug 4.81 (easy to find on google) and using PSNPatch.

Basically just update your CFW through USB; then boot PSNPatch and hit Triangle; this will disable CFW features and spoof your firmware as an OFW and close PSNPatch. You won’t be able to use any homebrew stuff untill you reboot; but you can go online safely then. I still suggest to use a separate PS3 account to go online; one that you won’t boot any homebrew. (PSN can read through your History; while PSNPatch supposedly wipe it; still safer to use an account that don’T boot any homebrew.)

If I use a separate PS3 account to go online (like a new one I set up or something?) I was under the impression I wouldn’t be able to download any of my prior purchases, would that be true? Ideally my goal is to be able to get online and re-download all my old RB3 DLC that I had purchased and combine that with my C3 Customs. As it stands I have a separate PS3 to play those other songs, I had a huge library of official DLC, it would just be great to get them all on the same system.

Thanks!

Separated PS3 account which doesn’t boot homebrew; but you can use your main PSN account through it to download your stuff. If you plan on playing online though; I advise making another PSN account for that.

You can activate 2 PS3s per account; so if you only have one PS3 attached to your account you won’t have any problems downloading from it on your CFW PS3; however if you do have 2 I suggest going on the PSN website and deactivcate everything; you can then activate all the consoles you want to activate (this includes PSvitas and PS4s I think) though the console’s OS when connected to your account.

WeApOn
                Participant

Separated PS3 account which doesn’t boot homebrew;

Is this using the process you mention above (opening PSN Patch and pressing triangle)? Or is there some way to boot using regular firmware on the same PS3? I was under the impression all accounts on that PS3 would use the same firmware?

Once you boot PSNPatch and disable CFW/homebrew your console will refuse to boot any homebrew; at PSN’s eyes it will be an OFW 4.81 (or your CFW’s version) console, but PSN can still read through your account’s history. Using a PS3 account that doesn’t use homebrew is just a history prevention.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button