Is anyone converting GH3 customs?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

So… there are a lot of Guitar Hero 3 PC Customs, and I was wondering if there is anyone currently in the process of converting some/all of them. There are a bunch I would like to play, but I’ve been stuck trying to convert them, and it’s been a real pain in the butt. So does anyone know if someone’s doing that?

Spindoctor
    Participant

Yeah there are several of us who are converting Gh games & I believe in time we will get them all done. GH3 only has Guitar/Bass so they kind of get put on the back burner as there are many left to do that are full band. Nunchuck, Kemiroch, KylejCrb & myself to name a few, check out our threads & maybe post a couple requests on one of them. Doesn’t mean they will get done right away but it doesn’t hurt to ask

By the way at what point are you stuck???

Kemiroch
      Participant

It sounds like Jarhead is referring to custom tracks made for the Windows version of the game; I honestly know very little about that version and its customs scene. Is there a place where we might take a look at some of these customs and see about the possibility of converting them to RB3?

Spindoctor
        Participant
          It sounds like Jarhead is referring to custom tracks made for the Windows version of the game; I honestly know very little about that version and its customs scene. Is there a place where we might take a look at some of these customs and see about the possibility of converting them to RB3?

Thanks Kem I read his post wrong, Would like to see these customs as well

Is there a place where we might take a look at some of these customs and see about the possibility of converting them to RB3?

Just look up on a few users called Schmutz06, Sidney600, ExileLord, etc. to see the customs, and as for converting them, either someone *cough cough* TrojanNemo w/ C3 CON Tools *Cough* makes a tool that auto-converts it (excluding sections unless it can make custom sections), or, the way I’ve been doing it, importing it to EOF, forcing the notes that need to be forced in there, exporting the RBN.mid, loading it up in R.E.A.P.E.R., fixing it up what needs fixed, renaming the sections (cause most customs don’t use section names that are usable in Rock Band), then exporting the mid and hoping it works in Magma C3, and if not, fixing up whatever needs fixing.

As you can most likely tell, it’s a relatively large pain in the arse. So… yeah.

What exactly is the appeal of GH3 charts over say FoF or GH:WoR converts in particular if I may ask?

TrojanNemo
          Participant
            someone *cough cough* TrojanNemo w/ C3 CON Tools *Cough* makes a tool that auto-converts it

Count me out.

What exactly is the appeal of GH3 charts over say FoF or GH:WoR converts in particular if I may ask?

…Elaborate please? Do you mean for songs by “Big time” artists? Because those arent the songs I’m refering to, I’m talking about songs that people made in FL Studio mainly for guitar hero.

Count me out.

Yeah, I was more so joking about it, I know you’ve grown very tired of this stuff recently so I wouldn’t actually expect you to do it.

…Elaborate please? Do you mean for songs by “Big time” artists? Because those arent the songs I’m refering to, I’m talking about songs that people made in FL Studio mainly for guitar hero.

Oh like that, though why do you want those in Rock Band specifically if you can already play them in Guitar Hero?

why do you want those in Rock Band specifically if you can already play them in Guitar Hero?

I’m not sure Jarheads reasons but the reasons I’d go with are enjoying the Rock Band 3 engine and aesthetics way better. Add that to being able to build a huge near 3,000 song library and I’d have to ask why anyone would consider playing them in GH. Kind of a all your custom songs in one place.

I have a fairly large collection of old GHII customs I recently found on a old hard drive (including DarkDuckys Metal Edition) I’d love to have brought over to RB3. I rather learn how to convert them over than build a iso, buy some dvds, burn a custom disk, and hook up the old PS2 lol.

While we are on this topic is there a tutorial for GHII to RB3 around here?

why do you want those in Rock Band specifically if you can already play them in Guitar Hero?

Cause then I don’t have to worry about having a computer with GH on it and that can run it :v: but seriously, it IS partially because i like the way it looks a lot more but mostly because I just like Rock Band a lot more. I played Rock Band 2 before any of the other games, so it’s what introduced me to the series’, and plus it’s fun trying to hit some of the crazy shit on rock band. :v:

TheOreo
            Participant

Speaking of, does anyone have somewhere to find GH3 files? FoFix is dead for it and I really wanted to convert Violet Hill by Coldplay

Speaking of, does anyone have somewhere to find GH3 files? FoFix is dead for it and I really wanted to convert Violet Hill by Coldplay

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/3893738/ … _Christley

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button