I’ll tell you what it takes to make customs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Oh man, I haven’t checked out this thread in awhile. Like a Rock is a great choice. Can’t wait to see a finished version. Seger is definitely on my radar for future stuff, but I’m glad someone else beat me to it. I hope you keep at it! :v:

It’s basically done, with the exception of vocals. The drums are disco beats, albeit slow beats, which surprised me a little. I heard the song a thousand times but never really listened to it. There were some decisions to make when going from acoustic guitar to the slide guitar and I’m positive others would have made different choices. So this is basically my interpretation. At some point I’ll go back and add keys. There are quite a few spots where the keys drown out the acoustic guitar. I did the best I could with the limited experience I have.

With “What It Takes”, I was having a few issues with the timing on drum fills. I just seemed to be off a little. So I spent yesterday painstakingly redoing the tempo map. While there are no major changes in tempo, it does vary between 70-72.5, so getting each measure exactly right seemed to help with the fills.

Release is imminent for both.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button