[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    StackOverflow0x
    Participant
      My packdlc.bat is like this:

u8it 140_0000008C_RadioheadParanoidAndroid_meta 0000008C.app -pack
      u8it 141_0000008D_RadioheadParanoidAndroid_song 0000008D.app -pack

wadpacker 140 203

The folder goes:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-0mPm … /print.jpg

as noticed, its produces only the 140.bin and its size should be the songs content (+- 10 mb)

That’s certainly odd because I just tried recreating your situation there and it created both files just fine. You certainly are using the title.tmd I provided, right? Judging by the date modified, yours says 2010, so I think it can’t be the one included. Try updating that file and see if it works. It most certainly should. And there’s no way a meta folder can be 10 MB. It stops being read at about 400 KB.

The title.tmd was extracted from wii. And it worked with other songs. Qhen I put the title.tmd provided here It doesnt even pack at all.

StackOverflow0x
      Participant
        The title.tmd was extracted from wii. And it worked with other songs. Qhen I put the title.tmd provided here It doesnt even pack at all.

The reason for it working on other songs when it was your copy is that it was using the slots left over from the RBN songs it occupied. It would have had to stop eventually as the content generation is only about 30 songs.

Did you also copy in the ticket file provided? It should certainly pack when the ticket and tmd files are in there.

This time, a tryed use “RB3Wii-DLC-Packer2.0” files + my 000001d2.app.

The .bin files didnt generate. Only the .app ones.

using the 00000000.app provided, it gives me the message: ” addon cannot be restoreed on wii”

JKSRB
        Participant

Stack0verflow0x.

I’m trying to get sZFE working on a softmodded wii with content on an SD (I will go to emulated NANd eventually but want to get this working in the meantime) but I’m not sure I have the necessary pieces, so I have a few questions:

1) My sZFE folder was created from a WAD and doesn’t have any content in it, so I don’t have a TMD file or save (but I do have a ticket).

a) Can I pack with my own ticket and your TMD file or do I need to use your ticket, TMD and save and then stick these back in the Wii NAND? I was able to pack .bins but when i put them on the SD card it said they could not be restored; Is this because I don’t have a corresponding TMD file?

:cool: What Wii DLC would populate the necessary files into the sZFE (735a4645) folder?

2) Do I really need to to start the customs numbering at 52? I already went through a bunch of customs starting at 002 (and would love to not have to redo them all…)

- These go to 11.

StackOverflow0x
          Participant
            This time, a tryed use “RB3Wii-DLC-Packer2.0” files + my 000001d2.app.

The .bin files didnt generate. Only the .app ones.

You need 00000026.app, which is the one provided. Don’t mix sZAE and sZFE files. You must keep them in spearate folders since they need different files to work properly. Basically, you’re taking everything given in the 2.0 packer, drop in your ng_id and common key file from a working folder, then it should start building.

Stack0verflow0x.

I’m trying to get sZFE working on a softmodded wii with content on an SD (I will go to emulated NANd eventually but want to get this working in the meantime) but I’m not sure I have the necessary pieces, so I have a few questions:

1) My sZFE folder was created from a WAD and doesn’t have any content in it, so I don’t have a TMD file or save (but I do have a ticket).

a) Can I pack with my own ticket and your TMD file or do I need to use your ticket, TMD and save and then stick these back in the Wii NAND? I was able to pack .bins but when i put them on the SD card it said they could not be restored; Is this because I don’t have a corresponding TMD file?

:cool: What Wii DLC would populate the necessary files into the sZFE (735a4645) folder?

2) Do I really need to to start the customs numbering at 52? I already went through a bunch of customs starting at 002 (and would love to not have to redo them all…)

Okay, here are my answers to your questions.

1: If the folder is empty because it was created by a WAD, it could very well work. Start packing using my files and it should work. It has to be the ticket and tmd I provide since those include modifications that allow you to build past the content generation’s original limit. That could explain your error since if you start at 52, it might not be unlocked in the ticket and the TMD wouldn’t be able to pack it.

Normally, sZFE contains a few RBN songs, but was soon scrapped after RB3. This explains why it’s got so few songs assigned to it normally.

2: I recommend starting at 52 because that’s where the added slots begin and you can just pack incrementally with no issue. You can start at 002, but you may find a slot won’t pack because it may have been assigned to a save slot that no longer exists in the TMD. These breaks in the list are just another small hassle and if you have it working, you shouldn’t have to redo them. Just be aware of it.

JKSRB
            Participant

I have installed a number of customs under the sZAE folder on a soft modded Wii and DLC on SD card. All are loading fine except for:

The Proclaimers – I’m Gonna Be (500 miles)

Simple Minds – Don’t you Forget About Me

The songs above are installed fine and show up in the song list and the previews will play, but both of the above songs will lock the Wii hard after about 10 seconds of the kaleidoscope load screen. I have tried repacking these songs and resetting the MSTORE between attempts.

Has anyone run into this before?

- These go to 11.

StackOverflow0x
              Participant

That might be a problem with the venue conversion. I’ll upload a new version shortly. Alternately, you can get the midi out of the Xbox’s version and use that instead.

JKSRB
                Participant
                  That might be a problem with the venue conversion. I’ll upload a new version shortly. Alternately, you can get the midi out of the Xbox’s version and use that instead.

Yeah. Dropping in the original xbox midi files fixed them. Thanks.

- These go to 11.

Hi again Ox, sorry for the non reply from before – went on a long break !

Anyhow, will there be a likelihood of a pal tutorial going into more detail as I struggled with this lot, then a friend of mine also got lost trying this on my behalf.

StackOverflow0x
                  Participant
                    Hi again Ox, sorry for the non reply from before – went on a long break !

Anyhow, will there be a likelihood of a pal tutorial going into more detail as I struggled with this lot, then a friend of mine also got lost trying this on my behalf.

Yeah, that can still happen. If someone could just send me a PAL sZFP ticket, I can produce the files you’ll need to start packing to it just like NTSC is doing.

I am following this guide but have run into a problem. The packer is only generating the .app files and not the .bin files. I’ve tried a few different songs, including the sample song. I’m new to softmodding/customs for RB so I wanted to get the songs working via SD before trying the emulated way. Any help is appreciated.

Edit:

I was able to get a bin for one song but then I ran into the problem marcelhomhc had before “The license for Add-on Content has been deleted from the WiiSystemMemory. To use the add-on content, re-download Add-on Content for which the license has been previously purchased”. I created the sZFE folder on the sd, and got the common key file. As I side note I can’t seem to get fstoolbox to show up in the hbc.

StackOverflow0x
                    Participant
                      I am following this guide but have run into a problem. The packer is only generating the .app files and not the .bin files. I’ve tried a few different songs, including the sample song. I’m new to softmodding/customs for RB so I wanted to get the songs working via SD before trying the emulated way. Any help is appreciated.

Edit:

I was able to get a bin for one song but then I ran into the problem marcelhomhc had before “The license for Add-on Content has been deleted from the WiiSystemMemory. To use the add-on content, re-download Add-on Content for which the license has been previously purchased”. I created the sZFE folder on the sd, and got the common key file. As I side note I can’t seem to get fstoolbox to show up in the hbc.

Since you’re getting that same error, have you tried checking to see if ng_id is filled out properly? Also make sure you have installed the sZFE WADs from wherever you can get it. There are guides on YouTube showing the exact error you’re supposed to get when installing those WADs.That should put a ticket file on your Wii that has all the unlock regions flagged, which is necessary for this.

As for fstoolbox not showing up, try a different download because if you’ve got other homebrew showing up, then certainly fstoolbox should show up.

Thanks for the help! I got it working today and am having a blast.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 3,117 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button