[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 3,091 through 3,105 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

I cannot get dolphin to load my customs. I’ve installed the dolphin dlc files, I’ve merged the folders into 3 (I’ll say why later), I’ve checked everything out countless times and it will no load anything.
    When I was using the auto merge folder option in con tools it duplicated every dta file because if you select the meta and song folder it assumes you want it done twice.
    I had to split up the song folder because u8it.exe would crash even if the file would not reach 2 GB. so I have 001 – meta, 002 – song, and 003 – song. I don’t know if it can’t work like this but smart folder merge merged all my song files into a folder I didn’t want it to. All of the entries in the dta file are set up for sZAE/001 as well.
    I really need help with this. I want to record preview videos on dolphin but it just won’t work. I’ve done everything the tutorial says.

Anonymous
      can I edit the MID of the custom already converted to Wii? they stay on the following path:
      000_00000000_namesong_song/content/song/namesong
      and the name of the mid file is that of custom namesong.mid
      or would it give an error when converted to app/bin?
      regularjphn
      Participant

can I edit the MID of the custom already converted to Wii? they stay on the following path:
        000_00000000_namesong_song/content/song/namesong
        and the name of the mid file is that of custom namesong.mid
        or would it give an error when converted to app/bin?

Depends on whether or not you add or remove any tracks, as such information would also require changes to the songs.dta file.

regularjphn
        Participant

Does anyone know how to get ArchiveExplorer to work with Wii files? It can read the header file just fine but any attempts to open or extract just lead to an unsupported archive format error.

Anonymous

I was recommended to download u8it here, but I didn’t find it in the first post. would anyone have the download link?

u8it comes with the custom songs packer.

snoopy329
            Participant

Hey guys. So I used to play RB3 back in 2016 with my family and I used to get custom songs from this site (I packed like literally hundreds) and pack them myself I guess using the “old fashioned” way. StackOverFlow recommended I use the new way since I lost those old original packing files plus I know longer have a Wii ( I have a WiiU) but, when I download the the packing tools, I cant find those 2 folders mentioned “In the packing tools folder, you’ll see two folders with numbers in their name”. Am I missing something? do I need to download something else? 

Those two folders with numbers in their names are the 2 folders that makes a song, these folders are what’s gonna be packed. You can use any songs in the database for that (if they don’t have a Wii version you will have to convert from Xbox using C3 CON Tools).

regularjphn
              Participant

For some reason, I can’t get the Fast Startup cheat to work properly. It just skips through the MTV screen but doesn’t skip the rest, which is a problem that another user had that didn’t seem to be fixed. Has anyone else experienced this problem? 

snoopy329
                Participant

On 11/29/2020 at 1:34 PM, Alternity said:

Those two folders with numbers in their names are the 2 folders that makes a song, these folders are what’s gonna be packed. You can use any songs in the database for that (if they don’t have a Wii version you will have to convert from Xbox using C3 CON Tools).

But I just said I can’t find those folders in the download files.

3 hours ago, snoopy329 said:

But I just said I can’t find those folders in the download files.

That is why I said you can get those folders from any songs. The folders you’re talking about were an example song.

Anonymous

is there any way to edit the volume of a track through DTA? I don’t know how to deal with mogg files and I need to edit a track that is damaged, I would say very noisy

StackOverflow0x
                    Participant

The vols section of the DTA controls the volume. You can only lower volume and not raise it. The array of numbers correspond to the tracks in the mogg file. The part above it tells you which instrument corresponds to which track in a song. So if it says “3 4” for Guitar, that means tracks 3 and 4 are the guitar audio. In the vols section, the volume for those tracks would be the third and fourth number, if you start counting from 0.

Anonymous

why do heavy customs, the ones that have multitracks, continue to crash even in app format? I thought they only happened by the SD method, is it because they are encrypted?

regularjphn
                        Participant

I’m still having issues trying to get the Fast Startup code to work on my Wii with USBLoaderGX and Ocarina. The loader successfully makes the .gct file and I’ve ensured that the spacing in the text file is correct, but it either only skips the MTV screen partially, or doesn’t skip anything at all. Here are some things I’ve tried:

– Changing the hooktype in both loader settings and game settings to every possible option
                          – Removing the hooktype specifier in the .txt file
                          – Ensuring that Ocarina is on in both the game and loader settings
                          – Changing cheat paths from the SD Card to the USB Loader itself
                          – Manually typing out the code in case a formatting error occurred

Could it have something to do with the actual text format in the SZBE69.txt file? I make the text file in Notepad which has UTF-8 encoding. I’m running out of ideas on what the issue could possibly be. My game ios is 249 and loader ios is 58 if that has an impact. Thanks for any help!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by regularjphn.
                        Viewing 15 posts - 3,091 through 3,105 (of 3,117 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Back to top button