[How-To] Playing Customs on 360

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    TrojanNemo
    Participant
      Makin Bacon
      Participant

After doing this i can’t play rb2 dlc songs, does anyone know how to fix this?

Does this method still work on latest software as for 08/21/2017?

I’d love to do it, but I don’t want to invest into second copy of Rock Band (I have digital version) if this no longer works… :

AFAIK this will always work, it only require the specific disc version and the TU4 update.

jerrylive365
        Participant

Thanks for this guide. Very easy to follow and got up and running in a few minutes. Thanks again!

Menacex911
          Participant

Ive never connected my xbox to the internet since way back in the day. In order to use my flashdrive with C3CON tools, but i need the format to be from an updated xbox. Can i either get a little help putting title 4 update on through modio or maybe a little reassurance that if i update the xbox, it wont ruin my chances of playing the customs?

I also dont have xbox live, so i dont think i will be able to update my xbox

Updating your Xbox doesn’t also update the game to TU5, so there’s no risk there. You can also update your Xbox360 manually.

Menacex911
            Participant

Thank you bro!

hardcoredrummer
              Participant

so am i missing something? I’ve downloaded some songs off of here but it says not valid rock band files

i did deftones back to school and mudvayne deathblooms

do i have to convert these? there is no mention of moving your song cache in this write up

Thanks

Are you using a 360 or PS3/Wii? The files are created for 360 first and other platforms do indeed require conversion.

What exactly is saying they’re not valid files?

hardcoredrummer
                Participant

Are you using a 360 or PS3/Wii? The files are created for 360 first and other platforms do indeed require conversion.

What exactly is saying they’re not valid files?

i’m xbox 360. i do have a digital copy on my drive currrently. should that be deleted? there is no updates at all listed like at the start of this tutorial.

i downloaded the files directly from here and i’m trying to add to usb via drag and drop and i get invalid rock band files…one second. files say 0 bytes so chrome was not really downloading the file. works now

i’ll let you know

do i need the song cache? wondering if both versions of rb3 will conflict. perhaps disc can be offline and digital online?

i’m xbox 360. i do have a digital copy on my drive currrently. should that be deleted? there is no updates at all listed like at the start of this tutorial.

i downloaded the files directly from here and i’m trying to add to usb via drag and drop and i get invalid rock band files…one second. files say 0 bytes so chrome was not really downloading the file. works now

i’ll let you know

do i need the song cache? wondering if both versions of rb3 will conflict. perhaps disc can be offline and digital online?

The digital download version of the game includes Title Update 5, which blocks customs, sadly. You can copy the disc version to your hard drive, of course.

You don’t need the song cache, the game will create it by itself.

I don’t know if both versions will conflict. That you will have to experiment with yourself.

hardcoredrummer
                  Participant

what does reset rbtousb do?

can your files be on the usb still but not show up?

is there a way to see the hidden files to copy them to a safe place?

something went wrong with my usb

shows 15 gigs being used which is the only thing on the drive. other than a recovery program is there anything go have these show up again?

OK, forgive me for being stupid. I haven’t played customs since RB4 released and it looks like there have been some changes. I’ve gone thru all the steps to reformat my thumb drive and I’m still running TU4. I’ve tried downloading a bunch of new customs and using CONTools but I seem to be having a problem with the format. I’ve downloaded about 250 songs and only 3 can be converted without saying it’s “not a valid file” and “no valid Rock Band files to copy”. All the files that won’t convert are showing up as text documents instead of text files. Am I missing something?

You don’t have to convert them. The files you download go on your USB drive, using RBtoUSB from C3 CON Tools.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 178 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Back to top button