[How-To] Playing Customs on 360

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 178 total)
  • Author

I agree with you… I decided to hijack a thread or two because I wasn’t getting any responses on my own… I typically wouldn’t do that…

pumpkinpie
    Participant

is there a way to convert ps3 customs to xbox con files ?

only reason I ask is that I originally started out just on the ps3 but have gotten R3 for the 360 as well and I downloaded a bunch of songs in the ps3 format.

if I need to re-download them in con format that’s fine, was just wondering if there was an alternative

TrojanNemo
      Participant

Re-download is your only viable solution. It’s technically possible…but I assume I’m one of a handful of people in the world that would know how to do it. There’s no tool for it since customs are made in Xbox format.

pumpkinpie
        Participant

ok cool thanks TrojanNemo

Should I follow these directions or the one in the video?

Assuming its the video I’m thinking of, follow these. They’re more up to date to deal with some changes to the Xbox 360 dashboard

Assuming its the video I’m thinking of, follow these. They’re more up to date to deal with some changes to the Xbox 360 dashboard

The video is the pinned one http://customscreators.com/index.php?/topic/8998-tutorial-playing-custom-songs-video/

I was wondering because these directions look wayyy easier

Yup, that video is outdated. Follow the ones in this thread instead

Hey guys awesome tips I have wanted to play customs in rock band ever since I got the game two years ago, anyways I just have 2 questions

will this work on the xbox 360 slim and does this method work to this very day September, 2 ,2016 thanks

TrojanNemo
          Participant

Should and yes.

Hey guys I have another question, so I have downloaded loads of customs but can I play my custom songs mixed with the songs I paid for on the store ?

TrojanNemo
            Participant

Yes, as long as you don’t have any license issues that would require you to be connected to the internet.

kueller
              Participant

So a while back I posted about an issue that was supposedly resolved but is still giving me a bit of trouble.

Basically I put the customs and TU4 into the disc from RBtoUSB, but afterwards it’s biased coin toss against me as to whether it will actually read on the Xbox. On failure, even before running the game the console finds no data in the appropriate folders, and running it back into RBtoUSB will notify that the directories are corrupted, requiring a reformat and resync.

So far I’ve found nothing to really correlate to what makes it work or not. Everything relevant is updated, and the flash drive is closed properly in the software and OS.

I don’t think this is related to the C3 software, but I’m more open to suggestions for how I can further troubleshoot this.

Gigakoops
                Participant

That sounds like a flash drive issue. One of my flash drives I used to put customs on went through the same thing, and when I swapped it out for another one, the issue was resolved.

kueller
                  Participant

Looks like that might have been the problem. Shame, it was a nice drive. One of my largest and the newest. Oh well.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 178 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Back to top button