How to have two guitar players playing the same part?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    zargorn97
    Participant

I finished my first custom over the last couple days (hurray!) and it’s working great. However I’m looking to create a second guitar part that mirrors the first so that two players can ‘compete’. I can’t quite tell if this is possible to do and looking to get some input.

Hopefully this isn’t too dumb of a question. I thought about creating a secondary version where the bass part mirrors the guitar part which would do it, but would rather be able to select a secondary guitar part somehow. Thanks for any advice.

SanicStudios
      Participant

You could put the guitar part on the keys track so that way you can have the bassist free.

zargorn97
        Participant

You could put the guitar part on the keys track so that way you can have the bassist free.

I will give this a shot later. Thanks!

zargorn97
          Participant

Took me a week or so to get back to this – I was not able to have a guitar controller select a keyboard track. I tested that with other songs in my library that have both guitar and keys parts, and I can’t select a keys part with a guitar controller. Looking at some other FAQs online I’m seeing this isn’t possible, but may be possible the other way around (keyboard can play a guitar or bass part?) https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/xbox360/971478-rock-band-3/answers/235234-is-it-possible-to-use-two-guitars-and-a-keyboard-at-the-same-time

I guess in short, this is not possible? Would love to get confirmation on this.

FUGGNUTZ
            Participant

You need to complete a certain goal to do keys on guitar. Specifically, Guitar Immortal, which is just 5 starring 50 or more RB3 disc songs on medium guitar. You can also play a harder difficulty and you’ll only have to get 3 stars.

Fat Halpert
              Participant

Once you get the hang of it, it only takes about 30-45 seconds to duplicate a guitar chart to keys. Feel free to PM me if you wanna know how I go about it. There are 2 caveats to doing this though:

• Every guitar/keys OD phrase will be a unison because they are identical
                • The HOPO threshold of keys is different, so many notes that shouldn’t be hammer ons on guitar WILL be hammer ons on keys

These things are kind of annoying to me and I plan on doing something about them, but if you’re more of a casual player like I am then they aren’t too game-breaking.

You can reach me on Discord: Fat Halpert#3165

zargorn97
                Participant

Ah so it is possible to play a keys part on guitar, I had to enable ‘All instruments mode’ and was able to select the keys part with a guitar controller. I did already get the second part into the keys track, this is a harmony guitar part and not a duplicate. It worked just fine! Cool thing is I am able to use three guitar controllers, one to play the bass part, and two guitar controllers to play the two guitar parts (second guitar part on keys track). Just what I wanted to do, so hurray!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button