How to get a preview of a CON file?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    genaro227
    Participant

My friend wants to use the in game notes to help learn songs on his acoustic drum set. Is it possible to take an already created CON file and use REAPER or MAGMA to just look at the drum part with cymbals?

There’s a couple of ways to view con files.

The easiest way is to use CPlayer the load the con and simply view the expert charts for all instruments in real time (like playing R:cool:. You can search the forums for a link to CPlayer I believe.

You can also extract the midi from the con file. Load C3 Con Tools and drag the con file onto the window. Then browse through the con file structure and you can extract the midi and the audio and load them into reaper. If the audio is encrypted you will need to provide your own file and line it up with the midi in reaper.

He could also simply convert it to Phase Shift and play it in that game with no-fail on.

If he has triggers and a module around he could hook it up and use that to play RB3/Phase Shift too.

Marcos
      Participant

You can convert into Dolphin (wii emulator) to visualize your file with C3ConTools

genaro227
        Participant

Okay thanks everybody, I’ll try to use CPlayer and if it doesn’t work or I can’t find it I’ll try to use REAPER to extract the MIDI.

TrojanNemo
          Participant

Nobody has mentioned Rok Drummer. Wow. That is heart breaking.

Try Rok Drummer. It should be exactly what you’re asking for.

I was looking for the exact same thing (wanting to play along with customs on my acoustic kit) and Rok Drummer was the perfect solution for me. Super easy to get up and running and a great way to play along with the expert chart. Thank you TrojanNemo!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button