How can I weight yellow as a snare on pro drums?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

In the song I’m charting, the drummer plays a disco-like beat using a tom instead of the hi-hat, and I want to reflect this as RRRRYRRR … etc. To get a better understanding of my situation, a similar scenario happens in the RB4 DLC “Pompeii” by Bastille: https://youtu.be/Q_KdYTY1Lms?t=63

Obviously, I could just chart it as such and add tom markers for yellow, but this doesn’t weight yellow as a snare, which is what I want. In a sense, I’m trying to mimic what disco-flip would do on regular drums. I previously thought the “noflip” events were what I’m looking for, but the RBN preview in Reaper doesn’t reflect that.

Oddbrother
      Participant

During the “noflip” event, author yellow notes without the tom markers.

ataeaf
        Participant

The noflip is not displayed correctly in RBN Preview.

During the “noflip” event, author yellow notes without the tom markers.

Actually, the tom gem(s) should be kept, otherwise the snare will be displayed as a yellow cymbal.

In the song I’m charting, the drummer plays a disco-like beat using a tom instead of the hi-hat, and I want to reflect this as RRRRYRRR … etc. To get a better understanding of my situation, a similar scenario happens in the RB4 DLC “Pompeii” by Bastille: https://youtu.be/Q_KdYTY1Lms?t=63

Obviously, I could just chart it as such and add tom markers for yellow, but this doesn’t weight yellow as a snare, which is what I want. In a sense, I’m trying to mimic what disco-flip would do on regular drums. I previously thought the “noflip” events were what I’m looking for, but the RBN preview in Reaper doesn’t reflect that.

I’m not too sure what the issue is, or what you mean by weighted. If you’re charting this pattern with pro drums in mind, doing exactly as you described (minus the noflip) is what you want.

Farottone
          Keymaster

I’m not too sure what the issue is, or what you mean by weighted.

On drums you fail faster and are scored more or less depending on which notes you hit or miss.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button