Guitar Hero Controller vs Rock Band Controller

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Just want to get everybody’s opinion on which controller they prefer.

I’ve been watching a lot of Clone Hero players and I noticed they play with Guitar Hero controllers so I wanted to see if that’s because they’re better to play with.

Nintendo113
    Participant

GH controllers >>>>>>>>>>>> RB controllers.

The buttons being flat with the neck, and especially the silent strum bar, make playing with the RB controllers a difficult experience. It’s honestly like playing without any hyper speed for me where I just can’t play properly. That’s how bad they are IMO. RB’s guitars are absolute garbage as far as I’m concerned. I don’t mind any of the GH ones.

Favorite/best controllers are the World Tour ones, followed by the 360 Xplorers. A lot of people seem to prefer the Xplorer, and I would too if it weren’t for the terrible button layout, making activating star power a pain in the ass. I’ve resulted in using a foot pedal to activate star power while using an Xplorer and that has been working well.

naginalJJ
      Participant

I prefer the RB controllers. That is all.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Vinny Reed
        Participant

I prefer the Solo buttons for the guitars

lifeismusic5
          Participant

Guitar Hero X-plorer guitar is definitely the best, followed closely by the World Tour Genericaster. I just never liked the Rock Band guitars. Guitar Hero guitars just melt right into my fingers.

FujiSkunk
            Keymaster

As much as I hate to admit it, I prefer the GH guitars in general, with the GH:WT/GH5 totally-not-Stratocasters being the best of the bunch. With their raised non-mushy fret buttons, they feel more like a game controller, which I prefer, perhaps paradoxically. Plus I’ve had more RB controllers break on me than GH controllers, so the GH ones seem a lot more durable.

RB guitars are my favs, only because you can swap the wires for the normal and the solo buttons, enables you to use normal buttons in solos and not have to strums when you miss. Besides that, they both are plastic guitars, they both have 5 buttons.

RB guitars all the way for me. The buttons are perfect, and the strum bars are more precise than the looser GH ones in my experience once you get used to it.

ws54
              Participant

GH hands down, especially the World Tour variety.

Shroud
                Participant

I hate them all

Rock Band guitars any day of the week. Especially the Beatles ones. Once I got used to the RB guitars, I don’t think I ever used a GH guitar ever again. I can never go back now.

TrojanNemo
                  Participant

I always preferred GH guitars. I prefer their button style and the clicky strumbars. In particular, I think the GH5 was the best form factor. I could live with the GH WoR Axe and the GH3 Les Paul but yeah GH5 all the way.

Oddbrother
                    Participant

I prefer GH for it’s robust design and handling, especially the wireless GHWT guitar.

I prefer RB for it’s precision and features, including solo buttons and FX switch.

I prefer RB to fit my soft playing style overall.

GH explorer then GH warriors of rock then GH 5 is how i rank them, gotta have that “click” when i strum.

VreyIsGrey
                      Participant

I don’t have any GH controllers on me, so my only experience is in RB guitars, so I can’t really say.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Back to top button