grubextrapolate’s WIPs/TODO (Updated 12/30)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    grubextrapolate
    Participant

Hey gang! Until now (Dec 2018) I’ve just contributed to other people’s customs, but it’s time to start a WIP thread with a few I’ve got on the go, and the wishlist beyond… I’ve tried to search for most of these previously, so yell if you see something already in progress that I’ve missed, or if you’d like to help out somewhere!

I’ve also created a Spotify Playlist with all my works in progress, wishlist and beyond songs if you’d like an easy way to hear something you don’t recognize below (and to make it easy for me to tag things to revisit later).

In Progress: (T = tempo mapped, D/G/B/K = drum/guitar/bass/keys, V = solo vocals, H = harmonies)

Sound City Players – Mantra (T)

Cloudkicker – Let Yourself Be Huge (T)

Failure – Stuck On You (T/D/:cool:

Failure – Another Space Song (T)

Noah Gundersen – Family (T)

Mark Morton / Chester Bennington – Cross Off

TODO (stuff I’m planning to chart but probably haven’t started yet, and might not get to for a while):

Failure – The Nurse Who Loved Me

Failure – Daylight

Puscifer – Momma Sed (live from What Is…)

Puscifer – Rev 20:20 (live from What Is…)

Ministry – Lay Lady Lay

Ben Howard – Oats In The Water

Big Wreck – Ghosts

Deftones – If Only Tonight We Could Sleep

The Cure – Plastic Passion

The Cure – Subway Song

The Cure – From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea

… and everything else by The Cure…

astronomyhopes
      Participant

Lovesong is already RB4 DLC, fyi.

grubextrapolate
        Participant

damnit! so much for completing Disintegration… i’ll axe it from the list.

Dangus
          Participant

damnit! so much for completing Disintegration… i’ll axe it from the list.

Very much appreciated that you are doing the rest of the songs though! One of my favorite CDs by them!

grubextrapolate
            Participant

Very much appreciated that you are doing the rest of the songs though! One of my favorite CDs by them!

tied for my #1 all time favourite album… little lower on the priority list, but i definitely want to see it completed eventually.

BornGamerRob
              Participant

I swear, the bonus songs off Weezer’s Red album are the best. Miss Sweeney and King are the best songs on that album (with the remix of Automatic being better than the LP version). Happy to see King on this list; not even a River’s sung song, so good to see Scott let go vocally on this one.

If you wanna start something, know one thing: I’m king

Bat Ramps
                Participant

Ministry and Puscifer choices are nice! Hope to see those on here eventually, especially Puscifer! More of The Cure is always good too.

grubextrapolate
                  Participant

making some updates… first official custom now live and removed from the list, and more to come soon!

grubextrapolate
                    Participant

two of your wishes have come true… The Cure, Weezer, and two others have come off my WIP and are now in the DB! Enjoy!

grubextrapolate
                      Participant

I’m loving the hell out of the new Mark Morton album, in particular the track with Chester Bennington, so I’m gonna add Cross Off to my list…

hamburgerjung
                        Participant

tied for my #1 all time favourite album… little lower on the priority list, but i definitely want to see it completed eventually.

Completing the rest of the Disintegration-album that celebrates the 30th anniversary in Sidney in May this year would be a dream come true and I totally agree it’s in the always top 10 of the best albums overall.

So please push your work to this album asap.

Thanks for doin’ this for the community!

grubextrapolate
                          Participant

Completing the rest of the Disintegration-album that celebrates the 30th anniversary in Sidney in May this year would be a dream come true and I totally agree it’s in the always top 10 of the best albums overall.

So please push your work to this album asap.

Thanks for doin’ this for the community!

damn, now if i’d realized that a month ago, we might have had a chance… less than a month of runway for 6 more tracks could be dicey, especially with other projects on the go… I’ll see what I can do. should be able to at least get us a little closer to full album.

had a bit of a facepalm moment last weekend when i realized i’d missed an opportunity to release something for their RNRHOF induction. At a minimum, I’ll put out some Cure in 2019 to celebrate both milestones.

hamburgerjung
                            Participant

Sounds good!

Beside full Joshua Tree album this would be the most wanted full album for RockBand on my list.

If it doesn’t matter to you why not starting with the first song Plainsong of the album?

Thanks for your work – I’ll appreciate it and I think a lot other in this forum as well!

grubextrapolate
                              Participant

alright, i’m gonna lay down some good news / bad news for anyone who might have been wishing for this to appear next week. the bad news first: this album will not be completed next week, and i’m not even gonna rush to get one out. I would have been a real grind and i wouldn’t have been able to complete it with the sort of quality I’d want to see. it would have meant an extreme rush and leaving out things like keys to meet the timeline. there’s so many layers to these songs, and they’re quite keys-heavy too, so anything other than full band just wouldn’t do them justice.

now the good news: I have a co-conspirator to get the album done, and we’re committed to getting it done this year – just later in the year when we both have fewer things in the works and can dedicate the time to do it right. We’re probably also going to revisit my Catch release to make it even better, and possibly find another few tracks… but no guarantees on that yet. so yeah, celebrating the 30th year of Disintegration will definitely happen before the year is up!

hamburgerjung
                                Participant

Thank you so much for completing this great album this year!

I am looking very forward to that day the full album is done and released!

Keep the good work goin’ on!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Back to top button