Focus – Sylvia *Now with file*

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I have been working on the classic Sylvia by focus.

I have been working on Bass and Guitar so far and made some good headway, at least so I believe anyway.

I will say that drums is proving to be quite an issue as I really can’t hear them as well as I would like.

As this is my very first authoring project, I would like some of you to take a look over it to see what you think, let me know about any glaring errors and so forth.

What files would you need to be able to do this? and does anyone want to check it out.

EDIT: I managed to get the rb3con working correctly and have a download for you to try.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/94sf4 … via_rb3con

Only expert Bass and Guitar are working presently. Bass needs more work as it was the very first instrument I tried and I need to go back and polish it a little as I noticed some notes missing and others out of place.

ws54
    Participant

Great song. I’ll have a look. Can’t promise how much advice I can give.

Build an rb3con file and post at least that (something we can drop onto a USB stick and plug into the xbox.) The RPP file plus song WAV are the other essential files to post if you would like more exact recommendations. Please make them two separate links (rb3con in one link and everything else in the other.) Many people here use Mediafire.com for the file hosting.

I created an rb3con for the first time and something must have gone horribly wrong.

The sync was out, it said there was no guitar part, etc.

Any ideas on this one?

espher
      Participant
        I created an rb3con for the first time and something must have gone horribly wrong.

The sync was out, it said there was no guitar part, etc.

Any ideas on this one?

Did you export all midi tracks, export the tempo map, and make sure you had the right options ticked in your Magma project?

ws54
        Participant

You must also render the audio track (without all the midi info) to a wav file in reaper. That will sync it up properly. If all of the audio is on one track, just solo the track and render.

it’s been fine during time spent playing it during authoring mode on the xbox.

I’ll mess about with it tomorrow. but one way or another I will get something uploaded.

ws54
          Participant

By rendering it in reaper to a wav, it puts the first 3 bars and count in into the audio. If you simply have a wav file ripped from a cd or other source then that will start instantly and hence the syncing issues.

I had rendered the wav in reaper to get past the syncing problems previously.

Is there something special you need to do when creating the rb3con file. All i had in the directory was the .rba file. Should there be anything else?

I played around with a few things and managed to get it working a properly, so here is a download.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/94sf4 … via_rb3con

As I edited into the first post, there is only expert Bass and Guitar at the moment, and the bass needs more work as it was the first instrument I charted. Playing it through again now shows that I am missing a few notes here and there and that some are out of place.

There is also absolutely no event management in there either, all you have is the two instrument tracks.

ws54
            Participant

I played it. All I can give is general advice. (For specific advice you’d have to post the RPP file and song WAV file.)

There are several sustains obviously missing, but overall it is pretty good. But I feel like I was missing notes that I should have been hitting which may either mean the tempo map is not exact enough or some notes are misplaced. (it could also just be me that is off.) I’d have to see the project files to be more specific.

Keep it up. I’d like to see this finished!

Now that you mention it, I think I know one of the errors that only just came to my mind.

I did the whole song, then set up the tempo map, exported the wav with the lead in, then i made changes ever so slightly to the start of the song. This of course used the original song music file, but the exported wav was never changed.

I know there are also a few gems out of place which I need to correct. I think that right now I am trying to see if the general mapping is working out well and nothing seems glaringly out of place.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button