finding and deleting songs (indiv. and packs — whatever)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    YougottaMove1999
    Participant

Well flarfning, floof, fiddle sticks.

(great title I know)

Question from the back: When I downloaded all the songs for the xbox version (had ps3 before. whew! That was a nightmare), I did the “get the stuff let god sort them out later” approach. ie. just grabbed all the artists and genre that I liked, and I would then keep a log of any songs that the people, and I didn’t like, and would delete them to keep the 2700 or whatever song limit good.

Well, now we are not good. Here is the question:
      What methods do you use to find your song, and delete it?

I have everything limited by 2-3 of the alphabet, but man it is a nightmare b/c there is no standardization of naming songs, shit is just weird. So, what I do is, I have the master list, then load that into C3 tools for RBtoUSB and then try to hunt it down with search and then after the session make a new master of the pack creator. But, this is a nightmare, there has to be a better way (I seriously get flashbacks of the baby hammock from squidbillies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMq-ZnLwyeA).

Lay it on me!!!!!
      How ya’ll get ‘er done

thank you anyone seriously.

What the world needs now...is more disco. And, let's ban percussion sections, does anyone like them? NO! Having a spot to enjoy the song, and more importantly, go drab a refill on your drink is wayyy better, without grunting into your mic (had to find the hard way main button works insanely better - not in manual). Plus, stop it with the crazy intense background, you can't read the lyrics. You know who you are, stop giving the kids seizures. not cool. Also, the Novelty genre should be abolished, and disco

JKSRB
      Participant

If you have enough disk space, what I did was:
        1) Make a copy of all the downloaded content in another folder
        2) Run C3 Con tools Batch Renamer on the copy. (Rename Artist, The – Title)
        2a) I then do a batch rename and remove the spaces and commas, so I get ‘PoliceThe-EveryBreathYouTake’
        3) Move Bands with lots of content into their own folder
        4) Create folders for Letters and move the miscellaneous artists into the appropriate folder
        5) Create packs out of each folder.

If you need to delete, it’s easy to find the right file. When adding or deleting, just rebuild the changed pack.

- These go to 11.

YougottaMove1999
        Participant

Hey, thank you! I will diff. check that out, and thanks for taking the time to respond

What the world needs now...is more disco. And, let's ban percussion sections, does anyone like them? NO! Having a spot to enjoy the song, and more importantly, go drab a refill on your drink is wayyy better, without grunting into your mic (had to find the hard way main button works insanely better - not in manual). Plus, stop it with the crazy intense background, you can't read the lyrics. You know who you are, stop giving the kids seizures. not cool. Also, the Novelty genre should be abolished, and disco

YougottaMove1999
          Participant

Ohh my gawd where has this been all my life. thank you!!!!

T3HM3T4L
            Participant

Any idea if this would work the same for the PS3 version? Would be very interested to put some time in to clean it up because wew laddy, what a mess.

YougottaMove1999
              Participant

on Ps3, I have no idea. but it’s pretty fast and worth a try

T3HM3T4L
                Participant

Wasted a lot of time switching to a new browser but I’ll report back with any findings for PS3 users if I get around to it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button