Event error in Magma v3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I keep getting this error:

Magma: C3 Roks Edition v3.3.2
    =============================
    Build started at 1:17 PM
    Starting Nemo’s MIDI Validator…
    Everything looks good, continuing…
    Loading MagmaCompilerC3.exe…
    Reading the archive
    Project Compiler: Reading project ‘C:UsersBatukDownloadsSoulless 5 Rock BandS5.rbproj’…
    Project Compiler: Entering Phase 1 of 5…
    Metadata Compiler: Starting…
    Metadata Compiler: Done.
    Project Compiler: Entering Phase 2 of 5…
    MIDI Compiler: Starting…
    ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (Soulless 5): Track contains multiple track name events (Soulless 5 and EVENTS)
    MIDI Compiler: Done.
    ERROR: Project Compiler: Midi compiler failed.
    Anyone know whats up?
    Oddbrother
    Participant

Check to see if you have more than one Track name event in your EVENTS track. If so, keep the one named EVENTS and delete or fix the others.

bW9rlx1.png

Check to see if you have more than one Track name event in your EVENTS track. If so, keep the one named EVENTS and delete or fix the others.

bW9rlx1.png

So sorry to ask you this (I mean it, I don’t like wasting people’s time), but is that in Reaper, and where? I’d look right now, but I’m currently out

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Oddbrother
      Participant

When you edit in Reaper, open the EVENTS MIDI item in the MIDI Editor.

It will be easier to find erroneous events if you change it to event list view mode.

When you edit in Reaper, open the EVENTS MIDI item in the MIDI Editor.

It will be easier to find erroneous events if you change it to event list view mode.

This is what it looks like, but I don’t see multiple events with the same name?? https://imgur.com/a/cd9zYpx

Oddbrother
        Participant

I don’t literally mean the same name, I meant more than one of the same event type. Each MIDI item should only have one Track name event it represents.

PART GUITAR should only have PART GUITAR for a Track name event. All other Track name events must be deleted.

huh

ghostbyob
          Participant

Try to clean the midi or remove ilegal markers with C3CONTool or CAT.

I’ll give the second one a try, as I’ve already cleaned it, but now after removing the other track name events, it says I need a 1 type midi, not 0, and there’s no option to export as that

TheWay123
            Participant

Do you have it set to Multitrack MIDI file

One of the community managers and the main tournament organizer over at SpinShare. Also somewhat decent at charting for RB3 I think.

No option to export like that

Oddbrother
              Participant

Looking at your screenshot again, you don’t appear to be using a recommended version of Reaper (4.22, 32-bit). If you switched to that and set up your authoring space around that, it will be easier for us to help you.

In the way you’ve stated that there’s no option to export the MIDI of your Reaper project as multitrack (type 1), it looks like you’re exporting a MIDI file from the MIDI editor section instead of the main section of your Reaper project. Just to be sure, make sure you’re going to these menus here:

OcJlaFi.png

Aye, I was, but when I went to export as usual, it add the event names back, I’ll update Reaper when I get back however

Looking at your screenshot again, you don’t appear to be using a recommended version of Reaper (4.22, 32-bit). If you switched to that and set up your authoring space around that, it will be easier for us to help you.

In the way you’ve stated that there’s no option to export the MIDI of your Reaper project as multitrack (type 1), it looks like you’re exporting a MIDI file from the MIDI editor section instead of the main section of your Reaper project. Just to be sure, make sure you’re going to these menus here:

OcJlaFi.png

Ok, I’ve switched to 4.22, now what?

After clicking ‘Export project MIDI…’, be sure to select ‘Multitrack MIDI file’ under ‘Consolidate output’. REAPER will then output a type 1 MIDI file.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button