[end] EVENT Issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    EzloDQ
    Participant

Trying to create my first custom track and I am having problems with Reaper/Magma. No matter what I do, when I load my MIDI file into Magma and test it for errors, I run into the same issue.

I have a single instrument (Drum) track for practice purposes. Everything works perfect when I play it through Reaper. I render the audio as my backtrack, and again muted. I then export the MIDI so that I can load it into Magma.

My [crowd_normal] EVENT is at [2.1.00]

My [music_start] EVENT is at [3.1.00]

My Audio ends at [55.2.25]

My Drum’s last note is at [55.1.00]

My [music_end] EVENT is at [55.2.00]

My Beat’s last and ONLY note is at [56.2.00]

my [end] EVENT is at [56.3.00]

All of my MIDI tracks are trimmed to be the same size, set at [56.4.00]

When I load it into Magma, this is what I get for errors:

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (BEAT): MIDI events at [56:2:000] after the end event at [55:4:479]
      ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (EVENTS): music_end at [55:2:000] cannot come after end at [55:4:479]
      ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (EVENTS): music_start at [11526:1:190] cannot come after end at [55:4:479]
      ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (EVENTS): crowd_normal at [12573:1:080] cannot come after end at [55:4:479]

This is only the latest error, which makes it look way worse than anything I was experiencing before. Inside Reaper, everything looks perfectly normal. Clearly I am missing an option, or some crucial step. I followed the tutorial pdf and couldn’t find anything I was doing wrong.

Any help or guidance is very much appreciated. I have been up against this wall for many hours. Thanks in advance!

gospeedgo11
      Participant

You stated that your Beat’s last and ONLY note is at 56.2.00, is what you are saying that you do not have the rest of the beat on the track? If it is 4/4 which most songs are, it should look like this. If it is the case already, I’m not sure yet what could be the problem.

EzloDQ
        Participant

That definitely does’t match what I have. I must have misunderstood the instructions. Thanks for the reply and I will try this out and see what happens

EzloDQ
          Participant

You stated that your Beat’s last and ONLY note is at 56.2.00, is what you are saying that you do not have the rest of the beat on the track? If it is 4/4 which most songs are, it should look like this.

This was the problem. Thank you very much for your help!

Now I’m stuck on requiring all difficulties, overdrive, and fills. This is an expert only, drum training track, so I’m not sure how to go about this. I’m hoping there’s a way to satisfy the compiler without charting anything else.

In Magma on the information tab there are a bunch of icons at the bottom left of the window.

On the bottom row of these icons there is a check box for “expert only”.

EzloDQ
            Participant

I tried that, but I’m pretty sure that just tells anyone downloading it, that it is expert only, without changing how it compiles. I ended up just copy/pasting my whole track to all difficulties and it worked. It’s for my own personal use so as long as I can play it, it’ll work for me.

FujiSkunk
              Keymaster

I tried that, but I’m pretty sure that just tells anyone downloading it, that it is expert only, without changing how it compiles. I ended up just copy/pasting my whole track to all difficulties and it worked. It’s for my own personal use so as long as I can play it, it’ll work for me.

Notes have to be in place for all difficulties. For “expert only” customs, doing what you did is the correct action: just copy everything from expert on down.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button