Emulate Pro Keys/Pro Guitar/Bass on Dolphin

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    StackOverflow0x
    Participant

Yeah, I figured since it crashed the game if the code was writing all the time, that the button combos would let it be activated later instead of immediately.

Apparently the Wii Speak branch of Dolphin, which is about a year old now, auto adds 3 microphones so you don’t have to see the microphone error at the top. If/when that gets implemented, then yes it will be possible to do full band videos all in the emulator. Pretty impressive stuff.

Nyxyxylyth
      Participant

This is really exciting work! I hadn’t tried Dolphin before, but sure enough, RB3 starts right up. This will keep working long after my X360 dies.

It looks like the source to u8it and wadpacker aren’t too hard to find. I don’t see why we can’t just roll those into C3 CON Tools, to cut down on the number of steps required. That was the whole motivation for RB3Maker, after all. I can handle that wee bit of porting C into C#, and I bet I can armwrestle Nemo into handling the rest.

Using Dolphin would make playtesting – and capturing video for playtests – a LOT quicker.

I haven’t looked into how Dolphin handles USB, but I’m no stranger to USB embedded work. Getting pro guitar/bass/keys to work would be awesome!

Was there a stage kit for the Wii? That would be very interesting to me.

Ruggy
        Participant

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36077

You can find u8it and wadpacker (Dolphin doesn’t need wadpacker, only u8it, but it has too if you want to pack and test on a real Wii) to pack customs dlc’s and necessary files for Dolphin here (tickets and titles, for NTSC and PAL systems), thanks for Koetsu who made a brillant tutorial, the tutorial is very complete and easy but I can take your questions if you don’t understand anything on the process.

Farottone
          Keymaster

Was there a stage kit for the Wii?

Xbox only.

TrojanNemo
            Participant
              I don’t see why we can’t just roll those into C3 CON Tools, to cut down on the number of steps required.

Because it was never brought up to my attention. And then Stack took on programming and created his own tool and I thought he had handled everything on his own. I haven’t heard anything about the Wii in a while. I assumed this was why.

Using Dolphin would make playtesting – and capturing video for playtests – a LOT quicker.

I disagree. You’d be running an emulator, running a demanding game, while also trying to capture the video. All on the same machine. Those of us doing recording are using a passthrough recorder, like the Hauppauge, so the Xbox does the heavy duty work with the game, the recorder does the recording work and stores it in its buffer, and then the file is transferred to the computer by the software. So there is a delegation of the work that allows for problem-free recording at 1080P. I don’t think this will work well with an emulator.

Was there a stage kit for the Wii? That would be very interesting to me.

As farottone said, it was Xbox only. You can, however, connect it to and control it with a Windows PC, using the Microsoft Xbox Controller drivers and LightWorks, which allows you to manually control each LED, strobe and fogger, or script it.

I also want to put this out there, to perhaps temper some expectations. Dolphin is still running the Wii version of RB3. Don’t be fooled, this is a crippled version of the game, specially for those of us used to the Xbox version. You don’t have any Title Updates, so things we take for granted aren’t there. This includes RBN 2.0 venues. The Wii converter does what it can to salvage the venue when it converts it to RBN 1.0, but it’s not great. You also don’t have the ability to use long or fully mulittracked songs before it starts choking up on you. Also, 1000 song limitation. And very simplified animations, graphics, etc.

Yes, the charts are the same, but I really think for those of us used to Xbox level of playing, Phase Shift is a better alternative.

Nyxyxylyth
              Participant
                Yes, the charts are the same, but I really think for those of us used to Xbox level of playing, Phase Shift is a better alternative.

No vocals => PHASE SHIFT SUCKS

TrojanNemo
                Participant

Solution = spend the time and effort to add vocals or help the creator with adding vocals rather than wasting (in my opinion) time and effort with emulating the Wii version of RB3.

Wasn’t he already working on it?

Nyxyxylyth
                  Participant
                    I disagree. You’d be running an emulator, running a demanding game, while also trying to capture the video. All on the same machine. Those of us doing recording are using a passthrough recorder, like the Hauppauge, so the Xbox does the heavy duty work with the game, the recorder does the recording work and stores it in its buffer, and then the file is transferred to the computer by the software. So there is a delegation of the work that allows for problem-free recording at 1080P. I don’t think this will work well with an emulator.

FRAPS captures video during PC games – aren’t those demanding? Anyway, I’ll just try it.

I can live with crippled venues. I’d much rather have just charts on the screen a la Phase Shift.

Solution = spend the time and effort to add vocals or help the creator with adding vocals rather than wasting (in my opinion) time and effort with emulating the Wii version of RB3.

Phase Shift is closed source. And dead. I hypothesize they got a nasty letter from HMX gently reminding them of a number of patents.

Ruggy
                    Participant

Honestly, I don’t have condition even to buy a Wii, and a working Xbox 360 emulator doesn’t exist (and won’t exist for a good time) so test PRO charts on Dolphin and even record it (Even if 480p) is the best and unique way. Animations doesn’t matter because Dolphin don’t emulate it properly.

TrojanNemo
                      Participant

Well, that sucks.

TrojanNemo
                        Participant
                          Honestly, I don’t have condition even to buy a Wii, and a working Xbox 360 emulator doesn’t exist (and won’t exist for a good time) so test PRO charts on Dolphin and even record it (Even if 480p) is the best and unique way. Animations doesn’t matter because Dolphin don’t emulate it properly.

I have no doubts that for some people, it is an (or the only) option. But Nyx and I do play on Xboxes, we are used to the game in its full glory. So i find it difficult to envision this as a solution.

I have three copies of the game, one at home, one in storage, one in a small safe. My Xbox has no problems, and I’ll buy a second or third for backup purposes. That should last me at least another decade. No need for emulating the Wii for this guy.

But if you’re in a position where you need a free solution, i still say Phase Shift is a better one, unless you need vocals of course.

Nyxyxylyth
                          Participant
                            Phase Shift is closed source. And dead. I hypothesize they got a nasty letter from HMX gently reminding them of a number of patents.

Okay, not quite dead – some recent updates. Looks like he’s still trying to get FMOD in, but at this speed, even my grandkids won’t be able to play vocals in Phase Shift. Or, maybe he did get the nasty letter, and has no intention of adding vocals.

StackOverflow0x
                            Participant

This will be and probably will continue to be a rudimentary solution to view charts on your computer if you don’t have an Xbox to screw around with. It has its appeal.

Ruggy
                              Participant
                                I have no doubts that for some people, it is an (or the only) option. But Nyx and I do play on Xboxes, we are used to the game in its full glory. So i find it difficult to envision this as a solution.

I have three copies of the game, one at home, one in storage, one in a small safe. My Xbox has no problems, and I’ll buy a second or third for backup purposes. That should last me at least another decade. No need for emulating the Wii for this guy.

But if you’re in a position where you need a free solution, i still say Phase Shift is a better one, unless you need vocals of course.

I understand your opinion and I respect it, but I really prefeer take my time to put my customs on Dolphin, it’s the only way for me and I’m really happy with it.

Just one question: On Xbox 360 you need to have PRO instruments to test PRO charts? ‘Cause it seems to be very angst to buy every controller just for it.

TrojanNemo
                                Participant

You need the midi pro adapters for the game to allow you to select the pro instruments. Instruments don’t have to be connected to the adapters though. So at $20 a pop, for $60 (and shipping) you can have all 3 pro instrument charts displayed.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 88 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Back to top button