EDrums compatibility

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I recently got a Simmons sd600 electric drum set. Looking into setting it up for rockband 3, I noticed it has no midi output. It has a USB host port. Is there any kind converter I can get so that the midi controller works with the set? Thanks.

People her with e-kits have ones with regular 5 pin midi out.

I don’t know if a USB to MIDI adapter exists or would work as you need. I have browsed posts online where people are using PC’s / Raspberry Pi to bridge USB and MIDI and translate the signals but that is a whole different level of expertise and effort.

The simplest solution is a supported e-kit.

Shroud
    Participant

The simplest solution is a supported e-kit.

Does any eDrums with MIDI output work in RB3 through the RB midi adapter, or only a specific list of supported eDrums?

Any MIDI drumkit will work with RB3. If it doesn’t have a traditionnal 5 pin MIDI port you can use a PC to translate the signal. It’s a fairly ismple process as long as you know how computers works in general. it’s as simple as using a software like MIDI-OX and setting up an input and an output. Only thing is that you will need a USB <-> MIDI cable to connect your MPA to the PC, but that’s to be expected for this method. Some of these cables are really bad and doesn’t function properly (i.e. can’t deal with the ammount of data required), so if you’re going with this route, read reviews on the cable you are buying to make sure there is no issues. Don’t just read 1 or 2 of them, read 20 or 50 of them, make sure it’s reliable.

Some kit might have incompatible MIDI notes for the pads, but I’m pretty sure 99% of the kits allows you to change that.

raynebc
      Participant

I’ve used a USB synthesizer in Rock Band 3 by connecting it to my computer, using MIDI-OX to redirect the MIDI data out of a USB->MIDI adapter and into the MIDI pro adapter as Alternity describes. The MIDISPORT 1×1 USB->MIDI adapter has worked well for me.

And in the event your drum kit can’t remap different notes for each pad, you could probably do that in MIDI-OX.

Dash Riprock
        Participant

And in the event your drum kit can’t remap different notes for each pad, you could probably do that in MIDI-OX.

Or with a MIDI Solutions Event Processor.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button