drums0a mix event?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TrojanNemo
    Participant

Testing the upcoming MIDI Tester (get it!?) feature in Magma with the RB3 on-disc MIDIs, came across this:

[mix 0 drums2a]

[mix 1 drums2a]

[mix 2 drums2a]

[mix 3 drums2a]

I ran the process on all 83 songs and only Fly Like an Eagle had it. Is that an authoring mistake on HMX’s part, or does anyone know if there is some sort of function to using that? I can say that MagmaCompiler will not accept it, but still curious.

Considering how sloppy they were with RB3 in general I wouldn’t be surprised if it was just a authoring error, but still interesting. Next time someone plays that one on Drums they should check if anything seems unusual, is different between Legacy and Pro drums, etc.

Oddbrother
      Participant

After playtesting that song in particular, I can confirm that drums_a is used so that the red lane, in addition to all the other lanes, becomes the “else” pad.

This affects both the stem and the crowd meter.

Oddbrother
        Participant

What’s your opinion on it, anyway? Would it be more trouble than it’s worth to use this mix event?

Even though MagmaComplier won’t cooperate with it, I’m sure we could still use it.

TrojanNemo
          Participant

from my perspective I don’t see why we would want to use it, and since magmacompiler does not approve it, our default response is not to use it i suppose.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button