Drummer Specific Camera

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    CrazyCanuck
    Participant

Thanks for the tip, Oddbrother. I tried it but it didn’t help. Although, hopefully, I am one step closer. Here are the files with Oddbrothers tip:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/33udv … _Sugar.zip

AddyMills
      Participant
        Most of what you’re having problems with involve directed camera cuts, which last for a fixed amount of time (sometimes longer than 2 whole beats). To override this, add the same camera cut before the next one.

This is the same trick used for transitions in lighting and post-process effects, except camera cuts don’t fade.

RBN2 Camera and Lights – Lighting and Post Process Blending

This does work, but the camera cut in-between needs to be a non-directed cut if you want that [coop_d_behind] to come up at that exact moment.

Putting a [coop_all_far] (or any other non-directed cut, just be careful if the song has keys, if you’re calling a bass camera cut when the keys are playing for example this trick won’t work) between your directed cut and the next shot you want perfectly timed will always make the second cut appear on time.

You sure Addy? Directed + Directed seems to work for me most of the time

AddyMills
        Participant

I’ve had bad luck with directed + directed and tend to avoid them like the plague, one way or another they break my game. I usually do directed + normal + normal + directed if I want two directed cuts close together (but not right after one another).

This way the first directed cut will show, the first normal might not show because of how directed cuts work (my dummy cut), the second normal cut will show even if the directed cut is going on because of the dummy cut, and then the second directed cut will come up.

CrazyCanuck
          Participant

My problem is actually larger than just directed cuts. Both the auto generated and my manual venues only produce the first camera cut with no others following.

Starting with Brown Sugar, I have been working on polishing my charts as much as possible. I have included reductions, animations and practice sections. The only thing left for me is to get the cameras working properly. I have quite a few songs charted and don’t want to post them until I can figure this camera issue out. I really think I am missing something simple.

If anyone can help me with this, I would be forever grateful and would even chart the drums to a country song for them!

AddyMills
            Participant

Oh, that’s an issue with the MIDI you’re feeding Magma.

The C3 template has a camera cut in it, you need to go into the Venue track in Reaper and delete everything other than the VENUE track name. That will generate camera cuts for you in addition to lighting.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button