Drummer Specific Camera

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    CrazyCanuck
    Participant

So I have been working on a song that is fully charted now. I took Nightmare’s, much appreciated advice, and added OD, as well as animations. I have the animations (thanks CAT Tools for saving time) working ([play]) and would like to add drummer specific camera angles ( so I can see those beautiful drummer animations). I tried adding some last night but when I tested the song they were not used. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

espher
      Participant

Which events were you using?

CrazyCanuck
        Participant

Here are the positions and cameras:

3.1 [coop_d_near] and [directed_drums_lt]

12.1 [coop_d_closeup_hand]

28 [directed_drums_kd]

30 [directed_drums]

67 [directed_drums_np]

70 [directed_drums]

espher
          Participant

I’m pretty sure those are all valid events.

Silly question — did you re-export the .mid before rebuilding?

CrazyCanuck
            Participant

Pretty sure I did (I better have, lol). But I will get back to you on that. I use a second X-box, now only for Rockband, that’s not connected to the internet or my LAN. Todays project is to install a second NIC card on my authoring puter, install the wireless adapter to my Rockband X-box and connect both to a an wireless AP (it has LAN ports). I am hoping I can then use the audition mode to quickly see any changes I make to a chart. Currently, if I make a change to a song file I have to delete my song cache and rebuild. Way too time consuming. Thanks for replying and I will let you know how I make out.

Farottone
              Keymaster
                Currently, if I make a change to a song file I have to delete my song cache and rebuild. Way too time consuming. Thanks for replying and I will let you know how I make out.

Why do you need to do that? Any editing not affecting metadata doesn’t need any updating of the cache, any editing affecting metadata gets updated if you just change song ID for the new build.

CrazyCanuck
                Participant

Well aren’t I sofa king we todd it! I’ve been doing that since day one of joining C3. Here’s a sheepish thanks for letting me know. Well at least I will get audition mode?

Farottone
                  Keymaster
                    Well aren’t I sofa king we todd it! I’ve been doing that since day one of joining C3. Here’s a sheepish thanks for letting me know. Well at least I will get audition mode?

If you have a valid XNA subscription, yes.

TrojanNemo
                    Participant

Keep in mind that the RBA files that come out of Magma: C3 Roks Edition won’t always work with Audition Mode and have been known to crash it. What with the files being outside of the limitations of Audition Mode and whatnot.

After a directed shot is done, if there is no other non-directed shots following it, it tend to default to a coop_all_near camera, so try adding some d_near and d_behind shots in between those directed shots

CrazyCanuck
                      Participant

Thanks for the tips. I will try tonight.

CrazyCanuck
                        Participant

Think i got it.

CrazyCanuck
                          Participant

Still can’t get the camera to work. If anyone wants to have a look, here’s the files:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uagpz … _Sugar.zip

Oddbrother
                            Participant

Most of what you’re having problems with involve directed camera cuts, which last for a fixed amount of time (sometimes longer than 2 whole beats). To override this, add the same camera cut before the next one.

This is the same trick used for transitions in lighting and post-process effects, except camera cuts don’t fade.

RBN2 Camera and Lights – Lighting and Post Process Blending

CrazyCanuck
                              Participant

Thanks, I’ll try that today. I should have mentioned, starting from the beginning of the song, the camera never changes position.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              Back to top button