Drum Kit Ideas: What’s your setup? Suggestions for multi-use kits.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Good evening, everyone!

I am just getting back into playing my XBOX 360, and Rock Band 3 is probably my all time favorite. GTA V is starting to make a run for it….However, I just recently found this forum, and realized that it isn’t that hard to find custom songs to play… Which totally makes my day, week, month, and probably year.

I have the original rock band 3 ion drum kit with 3 cymbals and adaptor for a double kick; however, I used a Rock Band 2 pedal with the ion rocker pedal. Needless to say, it is not a good set up for someone who has an itch to actually play an electronic kit with out the game.

With that being said, I am looking for ideas on kits (seen Roland TD-25KV and 17KVX kits used), and the appropriate adaptors to hook a kit up to my XBOX 360.

Any comments are welcome, and if you have other forums, sites, references to send me to… I’ll check it out. Have an inclination that the connector is the XBOX 360 MIDI Pro Adaptor on Amazon. Just want to make sure. Also looking to hear about the trials and tribulations of getting this stuff set up to your specs. I have a feeling calibrating, etc will probably be a fun experience. In the meantime, I am going to grab my flash drive and run through the process.. Give it all a shot on my ions first.

Thanks again!

Shroud
    Participant

I am using a very cheap old Millennium MPS-200, which I got second-hand for 30e. While not a great eKit by any stretch of the imagination, it worked immediately and perfectly with RB3, connected through the Midi Pro Adapter* and no calibration needed.

*I did have to modify the hardware of a Wii MPA because I couldn’t find a PS3 MPA for a reasonable price, but that’s another matter

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Back to top button