Currently working on a custom, need some help.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I am currently working a creating my first custom (hopefully going to release it through C3 officially) and I have a couple questions.

1. what is the easiest way to write out guitar, bass, and keyboard? I play drums in real life, so it is easy to listen out for certain notes in a song and write out the MIDIs. But I have no knowledge of what notes correspond to what color for the other instruments so is there an easy tutorial to follow?

2. Is there way a can build a current version of my custom to test it out in my own Rock Band to see if there are any issues with the song? I know there is a RBN2 preview which I use but I wanted to test out to see if the animations worked in game.

Gigakoops
    Participant

1. Typically for guitar/bass/5 lane keys, the green note would be the lowest pitch and the orange would be the highest pitch. However, most guitar/bass/keys lines have more than 5 pitches, which means sometimes you’ll have to do what is known as “wrapping.” Essentially that is altering the chart to give a feel of going up or down without running into pitch errors. You can read more about authoring all these things here.

2. If you use C3’s version of Magma, you can build the songs as soon as all difficulties are done and all other “major” requirements for a song to work are set. If you want to make sure it is a preview build, change the file name to “Song X (Preview)” and if you want, change the song name in the settings on Magma.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Back to top button