Crazy memories from playing GH or RB?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lifeismusic5
    Participant

I have a great memory to share with yall.

So as you yall already know, Ive been playing these games since the beginning. I used to entertain my parents & other family members because they thought it was the coolest thing ever, playing the music? You must actually play an instrument haha. Well I remember practicing the game for hours on end to try to master expert mode on Guitar Hero & Guitar Hero Rocks the 80s, then Guitar Hero 2 & Guitar Hero 3. It was tough but I ended up getting so good I impressed my parents even more haha. What came with it though was a lot of anger, LOT OF ANGER. I used to destroy my original Guitar Hero 1 model guitar. Whether it was using it like actually guitar players & smashing it on the ground or pounding on the frets because the buttons *weren’t responding*. To this day that same guitar I had so many years ago actually still works on PS2. Sure its pretty much broken but everything internally still functions. Even with the wire popping out the bottom & the casing cracked in half.

That was my GH story, heres my short RB story.

I never played drums before. Like never, but a buddy of mine who used to live next door (R.I.P.) played when I would come over for a full band RB session. I attempted them per his request but was absolutely awful. I was the guitar guy in the band, but would switch off to bass until the other person said Guitar was too hard haha, everyone had that one friend or relative who would always pick guitar first but couldnt actually play on expert on harder songs haha. A few years later my mom got my my first Rock Band drums & it was stock no cymbals. It was fun but better with cymbals obviously. My buddy who insisted he could play drums kept playing it & getting aggravated because he couldnt figure out the patterns. I grab the sticks, sit down & randomly I had no idea how, I started hitting every note. He was pissed off as you could imagine. Then from there on I was hooked on RB Drums & would play them everytime I could or could make an excuse as to why it would be fun for a party haha.

RainbowDash321
      Participant

I remember when I was first introduced to Guitar Hero from somebody in 2005. I got Guitar Hero 2 full box on my birthday. I was excited and started playing with my brothers in Co-op and Pro Face Off. I use to play Guitar Hero games for hours and started playing Expert. Early Guitar Hero games is what got me into these artists I never heard of. When Guitar Hero 3 came out, my old buddy got it and I beat Medium career mode and played “Through the Fire and Flames”. After that everything started to go down when I was getting burnt and playing Expert only because of the market. I couldn’t keep up with two franchise. We did have a lot of good memories playing Guitar Hero 1, 2, 3, and Rock’s the 80’s. When I was a freshman in 2009, my high school was hosting a 2nd annual Guitar Hero tournament and I beat all Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors. I was getting a lot stronger in Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

Rock Band is was introduced from a friend. So, I got Rock Band 1 and I did had a hard time strumming the notes at that point until I got better on there too.

Through out the time after 2010. I didn’t have Guitar Hero and Rock Band games anymore after I moved out because I had them on PS3. My brother moved in to live with me and have Xbox 360. I bought Guitar Hero and Rock Band games again and started playing it. 2013 is where it changed when I discover “My Little Rock Band” for RB3. In New Year 2014, I bought Rock Band 3 for Xbox 360. I started putting in MLP songs and it worked. Around after that, I discovered this website and started putting songs in the game. Up to this day, I have all the instruments and my parents love these song selections. I still play Expert up to this day.

lifeismusic5
        Participant

I remember when I was first introduced to Guitar Hero from somebody in 2005. I got Guitar Hero 2 full box on my birthday. I was excited and started playing with my brothers in Co-op and Pro Face Off. I use to play Guitar Hero games for hours and started playing Expert. Early Guitar Hero games is what got me into these artists I never heard of. When Guitar Hero 3 came out, my old buddy got it and I beat Medium career mode and played “Through the Fire and Flames”. After that everything started to go down when I was getting burnt and playing Expert only because of the market. I couldn’t keep up with two franchise. We did have a lot of good memories playing Guitar Hero 1, 2, 3, and Rock’s the 80’s. When I was a freshman in 2009, my high school was hosting a 2nd annual Guitar Hero tournament and I beat all Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors. I was getting a lot stronger in Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

Rock Band is was introduced from a friend. So, I got Rock Band 1 and I did had a hard time strumming the notes at that point until I got better on there too.

Through out the time after 2010. I didn’t have Guitar Hero and Rock Band games anymore after I moved out because I had them on PS3. My brother moved in to live with me and have Xbox 360. I bought Guitar Hero and Rock Band games again and started playing it. 2013 is where it changed when I discover “My Little Rock Band” for RB3. In New Year 2014, I bought Rock Band 3 for Xbox 360. I started putting in MLP songs and it worked. Around after that, I discovered this website and started putting songs in the game. Up to this day, I have all the instruments and my parents love these song selections. I still play Expert up to this day.

What a wonderful story! Yeah it was tough to keep up with both games but I managed. I was always pro guitar hero, but after I beat Warriors of Rock I switched to RB3 because my best friend at the time got me hooked. I used to play RB2 & RB1 but RB3 was the one that got me the most hooked. I love the tournament win, I wish I could have done that but everyone I knew outside of my best friend thought it was lame. Thats usually the issue now is that a lot of people dont take RB seriously. Singing is what most people will only do when they come over but I expect it. Honestly a lot has changed in my life & as it seems, your life too. Rhythm games arent as big or popular anymore & its a damn shame. They often say as long as theres a community for it, its popular, but unfortunately Im the only one that plays anymore. Everyones too busy with their lives of working 24/7 to even play 1 song & I can usually get in a few over the weekend when Im not doing anything.

There was this one time that a bank was hosting a contest for who could pass a song on Guitar Hero Warriors Of Rock for PS3 (and yes, I still remember was console it was played on) and their reward was and couple grand or so, so my dad took me (I was 8 at the time) over there just for the fun of it. When I tried to play the song, the calibration was broken beyond belief and rigged so that nobody could win.

Ultimate_MANG0
          Participant

Went to Supanova early this year (a smaller version of comicon, because Australia) and they had brought in a trailer which folded out into a stage with lights and everything. 3 mic stands, a higher platforn for the drums, which was a proper e-kit, 2 guitars and a copy of RB4. Each player had thier own little monitor to watch. Having only played RB or GH with friends I got over my anxiety issues and went up on the drums by myself. It was the best experience I’ve ever had. I can see why people enjoy performing so much in front of people. I stayed there for the rest of the day, playing when there was no one choosing drums. It was so much fun and I hope they are comming to the next one.

RainbowDash321
            Participant

What a wonderful story! Yeah it was tough to keep up with both games but I managed. I was always pro guitar hero, but after I beat Warriors of Rock I switched to RB3 because my best friend at the time got me hooked. I used to play RB2 & RB1 but RB3 was the one that got me the most hooked. I love the tournament win, I wish I could have done that but everyone I knew outside of my best friend thought it was lame. Thats usually the issue now is that a lot of people dont take RB seriously. Singing is what most people will only do when they come over but I expect it. Honestly a lot has changed in my life & as it seems, your life too. Rhythm games arent as big or popular anymore & its a damn shame. They often say as long as theres a community for it, its popular, but unfortunately Im the only one that plays anymore. Everyones too busy with their lives of working 24/7 to even play 1 song & I can usually get in a few over the weekend when Im not doing anything.

A lot of people that played Guitar Hero and Rock Band pretty much adults now. We have responsibility, jobs, careers, family, and such now days. Time change. I sold all my GH and RB games. I kept GH2 for Xbox 360 because that’s where it all started & good ole memories and Rock Band 3 because it has everything in there in one game. No more switching discs.

Oddbrother
              Participant

The Endless Setlist.

The end.

jerrylive365
                Participant

Good read. Thanks for that!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button