Christ crackers what is up with .dta files for PS3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    YougottaMove1999
    Participant

Got a .dta file that refuses to go over 1279, out of 2678 converted files in my songs to merge folder. It was just creating backups of songs (using same settings each time when converting in batches of 100 which – sucks BTW you would think just letting it run overnight would be fine, but when did that lost out on like 500 songs, but gained 3000 in duplicates). Screw that! As it is wayyy over the 2952 limit, and to remove each duplicate would take forever, dying at my desk is not the way I want to go.

Attempted fix: Trying a blank .dta file in merged, with no songs, and all the songs in songs to merge = repeatedly gives me a “no songs found in songs to merge directory” when I am staring at the 2678.

What. the. flim flam duckeroo

before I sacrifice a small child in some BS voodoo justin roland meta plot point (Rick and Morty joke), What do I do?

Tried various combinations of breaking up the files into songs to merge, and merged and even throwing in a few cons with merge checkbox, as a kinda jumpstart? no dice. Is there a limit on songs to merge? Is there some cache thing going on here, were it just craps out, how do you add lots of files then, if adding small batches makes duplicates. I was getting tons of duplicates when doing it in batches, so that’s why I held off on the merging till the end cause that was a problem with the program. This is literally a catch-22…great book. But, not something I want in life I already had enough experience with the military thank you.

Why can’t you just drag, and drop files to the .dta. Seriously. Also, edit dta entries and pack contents has never, ever un-greyed out. I would love to hear if anyone has any suggestions cause this is bonkers.

What the world needs now...is more disco. And, let's ban percussion sections, does anyone like them? NO! Having a spot to enjoy the song, and more importantly, go drab a refill on your drink is wayyy better, without grunting into your mic (had to find the hard way main button works insanely better - not in manual). Plus, stop it with the crazy intense background, you can't read the lyrics. You know who you are, stop giving the kids seizures. not cool. Also, the Novelty genre should be abolished, and disco

NotRocker1999
      Participant

PS3 dtas, probably the biggest downfall of playing customs on a PS3.

It’s the best supported console both hardware and software wise. As long as you have the right adapters, you can play any controller, PS3, 360, or Wii, on PS3. All games support custom content pretty easily, and if you want, you can play customs online! But then the dta is a thing and yeah I hate it too lol. I don’t understand why it’s different, but it is, and you sadly just have to deal with it and try to find the root problem, which is not always easy.

Got a .dta file that refuses to go over 1279, out of 2678 converted files in my songs to merge folder. It was just creating backups of songs (using same settings each time when converting in batches of 100 which – sucks BTW you would think just letting it run overnight would be fine, but when did that lost out on like 500 songs, but gained 3000 in duplicates). Screw that! As it is wayyy over the 2952 limit, and to remove each duplicate would take forever, dying at my desk is not the way I want to go.

Attempted fix: Trying a blank .dta file in merged, with no songs, and all the songs in songs to merge = repeatedly gives me a “no songs found in songs to merge directory” when I am staring at the 2678.

What. the. flim flam duckeroo

before I sacrifice a small child in some BS voodoo justin roland meta plot point (Rick and Morty joke), What do I do?

Tried various combinations of breaking up the files into songs to merge, and merged and even throwing in a few cons with merge checkbox, as a kinda jumpstart? no dice. Is there a limit on songs to merge? Is there some cache thing going on here, were it just craps out, how do you add lots of files then, if adding small batches makes duplicates. I was getting tons of duplicates when doing it in batches, so that’s why I held off on the merging till the end cause that was a problem with the program. This is literally a catch-22…great book. But, not something I want in life I already had enough experience with the military thank you.

Why can’t you just drag, and drop files to the .dta. Seriously. Also, edit dta entries and pack contents has never, ever un-greyed out. I would love to hear if anyone has any suggestions cause this is bonkers.

still laughing at christ crackers

YougottaMove1999
        Participant

glad someone (southern drawl) ‘finds, my trials and tribulations’ humorous. have spent all day dealing with 1 song that was crashing the entire 2777 library. fuck you bill withers – use me!!! Seriously, the dta. editor is crap. Have never gotten it to offer the option of deleting entry AND file. I’m seriously thinking of only doing PS3 customs as a passive aggressive protest when I get my stuff together for that.

However, right now I have a bottle of aquifit to kill because it is gross, and I will never believe any millennial booze blogger ever again, bad buy. Should have learned my lesson with Bijuu (that stuff tastes like eating old man ass that you find in the pacific north woods that has been there since the 70’s), I’ll drink pretty much anything. But that stuff never again. Ethel was even fine back in the Lab days.

What the world needs now...is more disco. And, let's ban percussion sections, does anyone like them? NO! Having a spot to enjoy the song, and more importantly, go drab a refill on your drink is wayyy better, without grunting into your mic (had to find the hard way main button works insanely better - not in manual). Plus, stop it with the crazy intense background, you can't read the lyrics. You know who you are, stop giving the kids seizures. not cool. Also, the Novelty genre should be abolished, and disco

BornGamerRob
          Participant

Please keep posting stuff. Keep in mind, I can’t help you what-so-ever, and this frustration is the single biggest reason I switched from my PS3 where all my songs exist to a 360 just for customs, but this read was hysterical. I feel like you really should learn to chart as there would be some WHOPPER posts by you at that point that would surely make me cry in hysteria. =-)

I do hope it works out for you. I’ve actually never had any sort of luck with the dta editor either.

As long as you have the right adapters, you can play any controller, PS3, 360, or Wii, on PS3.

Hey NotRocker1999;

I have been interested in this; I have a cfw PS3 and two Wii guitars. I know ps3xpad allows the use of 360 controllers, but is it true that the Wii accessories can connect to PS3 somehow?

I have been working on getting my customs set up on Wii, but the folders/bins/etc are driving me crazy. And the PS3 is HD, so I would LOVE to switch to that if I didn’t have to buy new instruments.

Shroud
            Participant

Hey NotRocker1999;

I have been interested in this; I have a cfw PS3 and two Wii guitars. I know ps3xpad allows the use of 360 controllers, but is it true that the Wii accessories can connect to PS3 somehow?

I have been working on getting my customs set up on Wii, but the folders/bins/etc are driving me crazy. And the PS3 is HD, so I would LOVE to switch to that if I didn’t have to buy new instruments.

It is rumored that PS3 and Wii controllers are identical, save for some additional circuitry which can be enabled/disabled by removing/adding a single zero-ohm resistor, so you can convert a PS3 controller to Wii or viceversa. The general controller buttons (those that work as a gamepad, not for RB notes) in fact work in both consoles.

I can’t guarantee it will work for all controllers, but for me it DID work on the MIDI pro adapter (MPA). I couldn’t find one for PS3, so I bought a Wii MPA. It worked in my PS3 as a game controller, but not as an MPA. I removed the resistor, and it immediately worked as a PS3 MPA.

It is rumored that PS3 and Wii controllers are identical, save for some additional circuitry which can be enabled/disabled by removing/adding a single zero-ohm resistor, so you can convert a PS3 controller to Wii or viceversa. The general controller buttons (those that work as a gamepad, not for RB notes) in fact work in both consoles.

I can’t guarantee it will work for all controllers, but for me it DID work on the MIDI pro adapter (MPA). I couldn’t find one for PS3, so I bought a Wii MPA. It worked in my PS3 as a game controller, but not as an MPA. I removed the resistor, and it immediately worked as a PS3 MPA.

Oh thanks,

I’ve got a GH Les Paul, so I was hoping for something that may work for that. Thanks anyway!

YougottaMove1999
              Participant

invalidxzero, are you referring to the “Epiphone Les Paul S” kinda setup that you play a real guitar, and it has some type of game functionality or a guide? If so that’s great!! I was going to recommend something like that, that I have seen around, and I beleive it would be fantastic for anyone who wants to learn how to really play. Honestly, I would have killed for something like that, were you have direct feedback, and kinda a ‘gime guide’…god I hated my guitar teacher. Making kids play tedious chords again, and again, is just mind numbing torture…no wonder kids don’t even get good till they start smoking pot –BTW; all hail the elder rock gods! And why there is a direct correlation to them getting really good and smoking tons of ‘da reefer — that and a pedal, cause that ‘s how you sound awesome.

chrome spell check is being a bastard and I’m to lazy so, that’s them apples.

NotRocker1999
                Participant

Hey NotRocker1999;

Wii guitars are compatible on PS3 if you buy this and a raphnet adapter. Past that I don’t know how to get them to work, but there is a discord server for support on the Roll Limitless and Guitar Adapter.

Wii guitars are compatible on PS3 if you buy this and a raphnet adapter. Past that I don’t know how to get them to work, but there is a discord server for support on the Roll Limitless and Guitar Adapter.

You can change the jumper configuration (if it exists) on RB instruments.

invalidxzero, are you referring to the “Epiphone Les Paul S” kinda setup that you play a real guitar, and it has some type of game functionality or a guide? If so that’s great!! I was going to recommend something like that, that I have seen around, and I beleive it would be fantastic for anyone who wants to learn how to really play. Honestly, I would have killed for something like that, were you have direct feedback, and kinda a ‘gime guide’…god I hated my guitar teacher. Making kids play tedious chords again, and again, is just mind numbing torture…no wonder kids don’t even get good till they start smoking pot –BTW; all hail the elder rock gods! And why there is a direct correlation to them getting really good and smoking tons of ‘da reefer — that and a pedal, cause that ‘s how you sound awesome.

chrome spell check is being a bastard and I’m to lazy so, that’s them apples.

Nah, I’m just referring to the basic wii Guitar Hero guitars that attach to the wiimote. Actually one is a Les Paul and the other is a Strat from GH World Tour.

Yikes, two Roll Limitless and two raphnet adapters would get the job done, but at that point I’d be spending over $200CAD on a workaround. I think I’ll just keep watching Kijiji and Marketplace for PS3 guitars or 360 Harmonix guitars (for ps3xpad).

I’m a bit nervous to buy a 360 one though, I can see it listed on the ps3xpad config but I don’t know if it works for the wired, wireless, or both.

Kaktusdude
                  Participant

glad someone (southern drawl) ‘finds, my trials and tribulations’ humorous. have spent all day dealing with 1 song that was crashing the entire 2777 library. fuck you bill withers – use me!!! Seriously, the dta. editor is crap. Have never gotten it to offer the option of deleting entry AND file. I’m seriously thinking of only doing PS3 customs as a passive aggressive protest when I get my stuff together for that.

However, right now I have a bottle of aquifit to kill because it is gross, and I will never believe any millennial booze blogger ever again, bad buy. Should have learned my lesson with Bijuu (that stuff tastes like eating old man ass that you find in the pacific north woods that has been there since the 70’s), I’ll drink pretty much anything. But that stuff never again. Ethel was even fine back in the Lab days.

lmao…I loaded 21 “new” songs in my PS3 yesterday to ready for some fun tonight and it crapped out to load the songs in the game. 1 1/2 hour later I whittled it down to damn Bill Withers. Of course, had I read the post on the “use me” upload, I would have seen there was an issue. But that would have been RTFM, and I can’t stoop to such primitive levels. Next I would be stopping to ask directions when I’m lost…

YougottaMove1999
                    Participant

I always ask for directions. you meet interesting people that way and get, honestly, a ton more free drugs that way. like %20 of the time. that just makes economic sense really, i mean, come on, drugs are more expensive than milk and gas. that’s beer money right there.

although…you do have to keep talking to them for at least 15min, don’t want to be impolite..and the people who are offering freebies are normally total weirdo’s. its jus tlike that dude at the bar who buys you a free drink…but with 100% more sketchiness.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button