Chips’ Customs Corral – 03/01/17 – Converge 5 Pack!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • Author

Bloc Party – Luno

Download

Listen

Many thanks for adding more Bloc Party. Any plans to do more songs by them?

Bloc Party – Luno

Download

Listen

Many thanks for adding more Bloc Party. Any plans to do more songs by them?

My pleasure. There’s a few more songs by them I’d definitely consider in the future, maybe Like Eating Glass, Plans or Uniform. I also want to upgrade my So Here We Are custom with bass one of these days.

spiralshadow123
    Participant

Vektor, Converge, and Meshuggah, nice! These are all really well done.

Chainsaw Octopus
      Participant

Really late on this, but those O’Brother tracks were fantastic!

Lay Down has been updated to full band, with an added bass chart along with vocals charted by Chainsaw Octopus.

Download

Listen/Watch

Chainsaw also put together some gameplay videos for this song along with a few others that I’ll be uploading in the next day or so.

Updated OP to be actually organized and readable instead of an ungodly mess.

More Converge! I’m incredibly excited to finally be releasing this 5 song pack from these hardcore/metalcore legends and one of my absolute all-time favorite bands. I’ve been working on them for the last month or so and they’re all so much fun to play. To any fan of aggressive, technical but brilliantly put together music: absolutely download these and play them asap, especially if you’re a drummer looking for some worthwhile/challenging songs to play.

Converge – Fault and Fracture

Download

Listen

Converge – Last Light

Download

Listen

Converge – Grim Heart/Black Rose

Download

Listen

Converge – Reap What You Sow

Download

Listen

Converge – A Glacial Pace

Download

Listen

Derek
        Participant

My band lineup is normally half the cast of Archer, but I had to sub out the titular character to bring out the ol’ JD hoodie for this occasion.

Man. Not to hop on your dick, but these are amazing and I’m so grateful for them. I wish I drummed even remotely efficiently to enjoy these to their full extent… but the guitar is enough to keep me coming back, for sure. My favorite thing about them is that they’re not one-and-done sight-read FCs that will be played and shelved. Even Last Light and GH/BR offer enough tricky segments to ruin a sight-read FC and require an additional play through or two for those of us who enjoy chasing 100%s. Glacial Pace is within the realm of possible, too.

But FAF and RWYS? Jesus. I’ll be fortunate to gold-star those down the road, haha. How proficient are you at guitar, Chips? I’m curious to hear how you fair on these as the author. One of my favorite things about Converge is how technical they are without delving into the realm of masturbatory, and I think your charts capture that very well. I don’t know if you try to follow actual tablature, but the trickiest parts in all these songs (and prior Converge tracks you’ve charted) are tough as hell, but not dizzying to the point where I want to drop the guitar and walk away. I don’t have the time or patience – yet – to take a song into practice mode and slow it down like I used to, but I could see myself potentially doing that with these because they’re so damn fun.

I think your work over the last month has truly paid off, man. It would be cool to eventually see bass or vocals, if someone wanted to tack those on, but for now I’m more than content with what you’ve brought to the table. I know you’re done charting for AWLWLB, but did you still have Worms Will Feed / Rats Will Feast or other tracks in the pipeline, like you mentioned? Hopefully we’ll get a new single for you to consider, pretty soon here. I’m itching for that new album so badly.

That Jane Doe hoodie character is awesome, I wish any of my in-game band members looked half as good.

I’m alright at guitar. I’ve been playing the real deal for over 11 years now, but I’m a much better drummer. And yeah, I try to follow tablature whenever possible. I never import midi from GP files or anything like that, but I always like to use a well-written tab as a reference for how to put a chart together. I also write tablature in my spare time, which helps big time for songs like Grim Heart/Black Rose or Glacial Pace since I can rely on my ears when a tab doesn’t exist.

I’m definitely not done with Converge though, just gotta take a break from working on them for a while. Tempo mapping these songs was exhausting in the extreme. I might even add bass and vocals myself one day, if I wasn’t so lazy (and if the bass was just a little more audible in Kurt’s production…)

spiralshadow123
          Participant

Thank you so much for these. Converge is one of my all time favs

Edit: Just a tiny nitpick, the song is called “Glacial Pace”, not “A Glacial Pace”. No biggie though!

Ahh you’re right, I’ll have that fixed soon.

Derek
            Participant

Ahh you’re right, I’ll have that fixed soon.

While you’re at it, you may want to consider bumping the guitar chart down to 5. Just my opinion, but I think I have a 99% on it with gold stars and that was on the second or third play. The devil tier is rightfully awarded to RWYS and FAF (and AWLWLB’s title track… and Trespasses…) but I personally wouldn’t put GP on the same level as all of the above. Just my 2¢, even if it does make me feel like a real man to see a 99% [and potentially 100%] next to a “devil tier” Converge track.

Both issues should be fixed now, although I don’t know if it’ll appear so in-game without deleting your song cache since I didn’t blow a new song id to do it.

Derek
              Participant

That’s all good. Feels a lot more appropriate, honestly; the perfect 5-tier rating for guitar. I’m just glad I didn’t work on an FC before you updated it, hah. Is there a specific way to refresh the song cache? I typically just add a V2, V3, etc. to the end [i.e. Converge – Glacial Place V2] and most customs save the score while applying the updates, but older ones do not.

If that method works then that’s great, iirc there was a change to either magma C3 or to C3 Con Tools that made it so it was possible to see updates in game for customs made on or after the update without deleting your cache, but not for older customs. Did that work for you for this custom already?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button