Chart-a-thon Final Day, Final Release! C3 NYE Bash!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 390 total)
  • Author
    bsbloom
    Participant

Welcome!

Little by little, we are adding all the Pink Floyd songs to our game. The masterpiece album, The Dark Side of the Moon, was closest to completion. Of the ten songs on the album, seven were currently available with all instruments and harmonies. That left three to go:

Speak to Me. This is the one minute introduction to the album, and is simply sound effects, spooky laughter, and some conversation. Not suitable for charting.

Here are the remaining two songs:

oLKFapw.jpg

Breathe (in the Air) is a Gilmour/Wright melody, often featured in their live performances, with simple lyrics written by Roger Waters.

Like most of the songs on the album, the track starts with an echo of the previous song, Speak to Me, and ends with a few bars from the next track. I edited those out of the audio.

You can download this here:

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/breathe-in-the-air-r24931

Later in the album, they did another version of this song, with no vocals, sometimes called Breathe (Second Reprise). On the album, it is called Any Colour You Like:

FhPMxix.jpg

This was charted for some instruments by Sideshow (in a long version, combined with Us and Them). It now has all instruments.

Get your download here:

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/any-colour-you-like-r24932

Darkside is now, essentially, C3 complete. Enjoy!

My final offering is another treat from The Division Bell. Eventually, I will get that entire album finished.

YDfr0hV.jpg

Download: http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/a-great-day-for-freedom-r24933

According to some sources, this song is about the departure of Roger Waters, and the Wall references mean their Wall album, mostly written by Waters.

Gilmour, himself, says this is all silly. The song is about the optimism and joy when the Berlin Wall fell, and the disillusionment that came later when it became apparent that little had really changed.

I am old enough to remember the Wall, and I visited Berlin in 1990. Seeing the remnants of this travesty was quite moving. I can’t help but wonder what David Gilmour would make of our country’s current effort to build an impenetrable Southern Berlin Wall.

Hope you are ready for some Floyd. And donate, PLEASE!

Next up: Even more MrPrezident. Does he ever get tired?

This time, we are getting grunge. I can’t wait!

Vinny Reed
      Participant

Welcome!

Little by little, we are adding all the Pink Floyd songs to our game. The masterpiece album, The Dark Side of the Moon, was closest to completion.

Little by little the night turns around

Dangus
        Participant

Omg. Taylor Swift yay!!!

FujiSkunk
          Keymaster

Thanks for the additional Floyd, bsbloom, and also thanks to the Prez for “Against the Wind”!

Oh baby, some Floyd. Awesome!

Jjjohn0404
            Participant

Really appreciate all the countless hours that have gone into the charts, obviously for a great cause!

You all are kickin’ ass

MrPrezident

Day 8 Slot 3: “Carry On My Wayward Daughter”

HYiRGgv.jpg

Get out of my House! The first track on the band’s debut studio album, the song transforms the lowliest member of rock society, the groupie, into the ultimate anti-heroine, in spite of the abjected mother.

Authored by MrPrezident and AJFOne23.

Gu2VY9K.jpg

Happy in Hell! From their landmark 1995 album Sparkle and Fade, it presents a stark and accurate account of heroin addiction. While the subject, Esther, was a fictional creation, the song is rumored to be about lead singer Art Alexakis’s brother overdosing on heroin. He had overheard a policeman say “Just another overdose” about his brother’s death, which became a lyric he used in the song.

Authored by MrPrezident.

Please donate! I have lots more coming this month, stay tuned.

SONG COUNT: 63

Up next, some fantastic music from HighFlyingBirds and Yaniv297

Keeping the content Canadian since 2017!

SomeOldGuys: https://db.c3universe.com/songs/all/__user/someoldguys
                MrPrezident: https://db.c3universe.com/songs/all/__user/MrPrezident

Mr. Person
                Participant

Good to finally see Dark Side (pretty much) completed after all these years.

rezavakili
                  Participant

Thank you for the Floyd 3 pack.

Harrug
                    Participant

Thanks for the Floyd customs and the 90s songs!

Farottone
                      Keymaster

LOVE the title pack, Prez!

yaniv297
                        Keymaster

Hey again!

Today we bring a release from HighFlyingBirds, who sadly due to personal reasons cannot do the release himself. But he’s done most of the work, while I’ve done keys, harmonies and other small matters. So we’re happy to present:

g4IVSAY.jpg

We all know Alex Turner – the Arctic Monkeys frontman.

The Last Shadow Puppets are his ambitious side project with musician Miles Kane. Lush, symphonic, inspired by the likes of Scott Walker and David Bowie, this is quite different from your typical AM offering, and in my humble opinion – actually better.

“The Age of the Understatement” is the opening track, and the title track, from the band’s debut album. It was hailed by Pitchfork as “Turner’s most impressive album-length statement”, and is widely loved by Turner and Kane fans. We’re happy to bring this song to Rock Band, and I’m sure Arctic Monkeys fans – and general fans of rock music – will love it.

SONG COUNT: 64

Up next – Buster66 will deliver 2 songs from one hard rocking band!

grievy
                          Participant

Hey, nice to see you again!

SHKVGbV.jpg

Thanks so much for this one! Love to see more Manics added to the game!

Jonztu
                            Participant

Loving the releases so far!

Buster66
                              Participant

Hey everyone! Deviating from my short history here of releasing old, obscure, Canadian music, my first contribution to this event is from a band that at least everyone should have heard of. Without further ado….drumroll….

fcyNWdp.jpg

BSiHnv5.jpg

Faith No More needs no introduction, so I won’t do a big rundown of these songs. However, I will say a few things. Both songs are from their 1997 album ‘Album of the Year’. I chose Ashes to Ashes because I love it and thought it would be a fun song to play on all instruments. Last Cup of Sorrow is memorable for me because of the excellent and bizarre video, which was an homage to Alfred Hitchcock’s Vertigo and starred Jennifer Jason Leigh (but of course I think it’s fun to play too). Enjoy!

SONG COUNT: 66

Next up: a song from an 80s artist who is a total teetotaler.

These songs are a part of Chart-a-thon. If you download these songs, or if you enjoy my content, please consider making a donation at http://chartathon.com. All proceeds are donated directly to the American Cancer Society.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 390 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              Back to top button