Cassandra Gemini – Guitar Freeze

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Derek
    Participant

After sinking in the half-hour to complete this on guitar for the first time, I was a little disappointed that I didn’t get a chance to save my score, see my %, or check my note streak. It let me complete the song and took me to the post-screen, but right as the stats began to pop up from the bottom left corner with their signature sound effect, my 360 froze completely. Couldn’t even use the guide button to back out, and had to hard-reset.

There’s probably a joke to be had about being “too good” that I crashed the game. But really, I’d like to know my progress means something when and if I attempt the song again. Does it have to do with the length of the song? Or saving the score for a solo instrument? It was just expert guitar and ~970,000.

Has anyone else experienced a similar crash with CG or other notably lengthy songs?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bansheeflyer

I often play both “2112” and “Octavarium” without any problems. Granted they are ~10 minutes shorter but I doubt the problem is with the length unless there’s a threshold at the 30-minute mark. I can’t see how it would be a problem with solo scoring.

I can guess it’s either a problem with the song cache, the game, or with the 360 itself which I doubt because otherwise you’d be having problems with more than that song.

Derek
        Participant

I often play both “2112” and “Octavarium” without any problems. Granted they are ~10 minutes shorter but I doubt the problem is with the length unless there’s a threshold at the 30-minute mark. I can’t see how it would be a problem with solo scoring.

I can guess it’s either a problem with the song cache, the game, or with the 360 itself which I doubt because otherwise you’d be having problems with more than that song.

Yeah, it’s the only custom that’s frozen on me despite logging scores for probably 50 or so, across the last week. It stuttered just a tiny but when loading, I noticed, but otherwise it ran smooth as silk up until that last moment.

Do you know of a way to refresh the song cache without losing any scores, data, etc.?

I experienced the same thing working on it. My best guess is the size of the MIDI, since as far as I know it’s the longest full band, reductions, etc. custom out there. It’s just over a megabyte, and I think there’s actually a built-in MIDI size restriction in Magma around that point, so it could be making it unstable. Though, it’s not totally consistent. When I play it solo, it freezes sometimes, but not always (also probably not exclusive to guitar, I think it happened on drums as well). I played it G/B with someone else, and it didn’t freeze. There’s a full band video where they say they ran it twice and it crashed both times.

I guess the only way to know for sure is for someone to FB chart, like, Thick as a Brick or Dopesmoker or something and see what happens. :v:

Sideshow
          Participant

I’d say most if not all of these customs over 30 minutes in length will crash at the end of the song when playing it full band. If only customs existed for RB4 then we could take advantage of the current generation hardware specs to make super lengthy customs that don’t crash.

Although you won’t be able to save (infact you’d end up losing your save file), the super long customs don’t seem to freeze if you aren’t using any TUs

Although you won’t be able to save (infact you’d end up losing your save file), the super long customs don’t seem to freeze if you aren’t using any TUs

Yeah it might be an issue with TU4 in particular.

That happened to me on Art of Life by X Japan.

But what’s weird was it froze when I played it on guitar, but when I played it again on keys, it didn’t freeze.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button