cant get my rb3 disc to work on 360

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    amb
    Blocked

i just bought rock band 3 on 360 and it was working fine for a little while but then the 360 keeps saying it cant read the disk i tried everything to clean it it works when it wants to but now it doesn’t :/ i really want to play customs without buying a new copy plase help

samjjones
      Participant

Umm….not a lot we can suggest here, other than making sure that the disk is clean, that inside your Xbox is clean, etc.

It’s always good to buy an extra EA Rock Band 3 disk…just in case something happens.

amb
        Blocked

Umm….not a lot we can suggest here, other than making sure that the disk is clean, that inside your Xbox is clean, etc.

It’s always good to buy an extra EA Rock Band 3 disk…just in case something happens.

alright Thank

Fat Halpert
          Participant

If you live near a video store like a Family Video or a retro game shop, they have disc resurfacers that can fix scratched discs within reason. Mine had a pretty deep circle scratch but Family Video resurfaced it for like 3 bucks. Also if your disc works some of the time like you’re saying, you could try renting or borrowing a copy from someone, install it to your HDD, and then switch back to your scratched copy (provided it isn’t too scratched to make it past the boot screen).

It’s also worth mentioning that having Title Update 5 installed while attempting to play a custom will give a “disc unreadable” error, so if you only get a disc read error before playing a custom, this may be the problem.

You can reach me on Discord: Fat Halpert#3165

More detail would be nice

When is this error happening? When playing a legitimate Harmonix song (on disc/DLC etc), when playing a custom etc? Do you have Title Update 5 installed? (Madcatz logo)

Brian
            Participant

Quick fix would be.. try to install it to your hard drive. If that works your good. If not, find another copy and install it to hard drive and return it, your scratched disk is fine if you have installed on your hard drive.. it just needs to know you own the disc. Only trick here is you need to install one of the original versions (like what’s needed for customs)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bansheeflyer

Quick fix would be.. try to install it to your hard drive. If that works your good. If not, find another copy and install it to hard drive and return it, your scratched disk is fine if you have installed on your hard drive.. it just needs to know you own the disc. Only trick here is you need to install one of the original versions (like what’s needed for customs)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Assuming the disc isn’t too scratched to install…tried to do that with a scratched Halo 3 disc someone gave me when I first got my 360…it didn’t work.

As you said, if that doesn’t work, a less scratched one should. Just be sure to keep your version as you must have the disc in the 360 (or whatever console) so that it knows you own the game.

amb
                Blocked

its too dirty to install :/ also i am playing custom songs is their a way to remove the patch??

Bansheeflyer

I assume you’re referring to Title Update 5. In that case go to your 360’s hard drive in settings, then the games section, then Rock Band 3, then scroll to Title Update 5 and remove it. Make sure Title Update 4 is on your flash drive and don’t update when you start Rock Band.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Back to top button