Calibration and desync

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    beard216
    Participant

I love RB4 but I swear I have to calibrate after EVER song due to desync. I freaking hate it. I’ll play songs that I know how to play and I’ll be missing notes everywhere due to the calibration being off. If I didn’t have years and hundreds of dollars invested in this game, I’d probably not play RB4.

Hopefully the issues I’ve had since launch are not in RB5.

I can relate, The desync is what caused me to give up playing RB4. It got to a point of no fun but more frustration. I’m glad I’m not the only one who suffers.

beard216
      Participant

What gets me the most is when I can see it happen mid-song.

Check your TV settings if possible, normally this is caused by your TV having some weird motion filtering stuff.

youd figure beard rb3 and rb4 same tv..would have the same settings…nope not even close. i think when they made rb4 they didnt take 4k into account. when i use my lcd tv , i set the settings once…4k same prob you have.

beard216
        Participant

Check your TV settings if possible, normally this is caused by your TV having some weird motion filtering stuff.

I’ll check tonight.

beard216
          Participant

youd figure beard rb3 and rb4 same tv..would have the same settings…nope not even close. i think when they made rb4 they didnt take 4k into account. when i use my lcd tv , i set the settings once…4k same prob you have.

RB3 was a dream for stuff like this. RB4 a freaking nightmare lol

MasonPox
            Participant

RB3 was a dream for stuff like this. RB4 a freaking nightmare lol

I don’t know if im only one, but i just hate those flashy charts in RB4. Why is there always a thing like this in game devs – “Oohh we have better technology and graphics, let’s make everything flashy af, and badly visible”

And it’s not just RB series that are going that way, sometimes simple graphics are the best, why they have to do everything “nice looking” with force.

beard216
              Participant

It’s my TV. I use two different tvs to game on depending on which room in my house I’m in. My basement TV doesn’t desync as much as much bedroom TV, hence why I only play drums in my basement lol

Does your TV has a game mode or something? I’ve had a TV with weird behavior when I was using 60FPS stuff on it without the game mode.

beard216
                Participant

Not that I know of. It’s a VIZIO and I have no settings of that nature anywhere.

TBH, it’s only a major problem when I try to stream it. So it’s most likely an internet issue. But I do sill get desync offstream as well.

Kalina05
                  Participant

Not that I know of. It’s a VIZIO and I have no settings of that nature anywhere.

TBH, it’s only a major problem when I try to stream it. So it’s most likely an internet issue. But I do sill get desync offstream as well.

Hello Beard216

You are talking about streaming .

-Are you using a Capture tool like Elgato things or others or using the twitch app option on console ?

Because it add input lags or some jump in video window randomly if you are using a capture box.

I’m using Elgato HD60 and i have some jumps after hours of use.

It also can be generate by multiple layers in OBS .

If you are using twitch app be carefull with picture dimension 720P/1080P if you have a bandwith with less than 6000 mb stay in 720P

If you’Re streaming and you are looking at the streaming window to play the game you’re doing something wrong to be honest.

There is usually a small delay on any rhythm game streams between what you see and what’s happening, it’s rarely perfectly in sync, but if you need to add delay to only video or audio you can via OBS, if you are for some weird reason using the Twitch app to stream stop what you’re doing and download OBS.

jerrylive365
                    Participant

Once I set RB4 calibration (YEARS ago) I think I have recalibrated maybe once. Not sure what you all are experiencing but it doesn’t do that to my game.

Are you staying in the same part of the room when you play or are you changing distances? That will effect your calibration.

Good luck on getting it stable!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button